Myths and Rebuttals

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

subaqua

What’s the point
"Oi Baldy","get off the road".
Answer- "This is not a bald head,it's a Solar Panel for a sex machine".:tongue:
Mike.

that is a myth :whistle:

funnymummy

A Dizzy M.A.B.I.L
'Debating' with a friends husband at a BBQ about bikes/cyclists...

Him "You should only ride on cycle paths"
Me "How do I turn right then?"

Him "You don't pay road tax"
Me "Neither do you"
Him "Yes I do"
Me "No you don't - Google it"

Him "Well, you don't have insurance"
Me "Actualy, I do"

The conversation then turned to enviromental issues, he claimed that his car was 'green' as....
Him "My car does 40+mpg"
Me *slaps legs* "These babies can double that, on a litre of H2O"

He then raised the helmet/HiVis should be legal requirement, At this point his wife told him to stop being a pompous arse & STFU!

Ace Demon

Myth: "You don't pay road tax so..."

Rebuttal: "If you want to avoid tax too, take up cycling. Oh, you prefer paying tax?"

julesdavis1965

no, I think it's a twist on a remark made by George Bernard Shaw? to a Lady Something or other. When she said "Mr Shaw, you're drunk!" , he replied, "yes, madam, and you are stupid, but I will be sober in the morning..." or something like that...

Ugly and slimmer aren't connected, it's just that if one is fat, one can do something about it, whereas if one is the sort of person who shouts random nonsense at people, one is probably doomed for good...

I'd rather call someone in the situation thick, I think, than ugly, as i'm not sure I've got much to crow about in the looks department, but I do know I'm fairly bright...

thehairycycler

'Debating' with a friends husband at a BBQ about bikes/cyclists...

Him "You should only ride on cycle paths"
Me "How do I turn right then?"

Him "You don't pay road tax"
Me "Neither do you"
Him "Yes I do"
Me "No you don't - Google it"

Him "Well, you don't have insurance"
Me "Actualy, I do"

The conversation then turned to enviromental issues, he claimed that his car was 'green' as....
Him "My car does 40+mpg"
Me *slaps legs* "These babies can double that, on a litre of H2O"

He then raised the helmet/HiVis should be legal requirement, At this point his wife told him to stop being a pompous arse & STFU!

Did his wife take his shovel off of him and help him out that hole?

and funnymummy its not fair to pick on those less fortunate than yourself :laugh:

Driver - Get off the F'ing road
Myself - This is a Road Bike it belong on roads what your in is a car which belong in a scrapyard!

He was not ammused but I took on this idiot at the traffic lights next to the police station in town! rule one of warfare pick your battlefield :laugh:

chris grace

"You should be in the cycle lane!"

"So should you."

"But i'm in a car!"

"So, get out of it and get on a bike you lazy git."

Class,Pure Class.
biggrin.gif

Cubist

Still wavin'
Overweight apoplectic purply-faced-man. "Get out of the middle of the road!"

Me "Give my regards to St Peter."

sabian92

Über Member
I'm waiting for a woman to have a go at me to use this one:

Least this is something I can ride with my legs shut!

Bassjunkieuk

Veteran
This isn't one I can claim personally myself but did read it on another forum, excellent response IMHO to one of those "classic" heckles:

Driver: "Your wheel is going round"

Rider: "So's your wife/missus/girlfriend"

IIRC the story as told originally had the heckler in the car with mates so thought he was being rather clever until he got shot down in flames, much to the amusement of his mates :-)

Speedywheelsjeans

This isn't one I can claim personally myself but did read it on another forum, excellent response IMHO to one of those "classic" heckles:

Driver: "Your wheel is going round"

Rider: "So's your wife/missus/girlfriend"

IIRC the story as told originally had the heckler in the car with mates so thought he was being rather clever until he got shot down in flames, much to the amusement of his mates :-)

I had some lass shout that at me the other day... the 'your wheels going round' part

My initial reaction was literally just ... WTF?? Did someone seriously just heckle that at me... possibly the worst heckle ever, wish I had that response written above

My disk brakes are squealing like cr*p at the mo and on my Thursday commute a group of teen schoolkids were blocking the cycle-path. "Scuse me" I shouts to be just let through.Just through and one lad shouts "your brakes are crap mate".
I responded " yup - modelled on your face" to the amusements of his mates.
Usually I only manage a mumbled Feck Orf!

Top Bottom