Name a rated song you don't rate

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

EltonFrog

Legendary Member
All right now by Free. The radio goes off when that comes on.

Interesting. It's not a great song lyrically , but it has a great groove and is in my top five all time fave songs in the world ever.

Gatters

Numero Uno Motorhead song 'Ace of spades', like rock songs but never liked this one !

This must be where headbanging stems from

Brandane

Legendary Member
Katie Melua; especially that pish about there being nine million bicycles in Beijing. Music to stick needles in your eyes to. Awful, awful, offal.
Does it count as rated though? Someone must have bought it to get it into the charts. There's no accounting for taste!

MontyVeda

a short-tempered ill-controlled small-minded troll
Oh, here's another, El Condor Pasa - I love Simon & Garfunkel, but something happens to even the best musicians when they get swept up by a new obsession. I liked Paul Simon's South African phase - Graceland and all that - but his South American phase was just awful. 'I'd rather be a hammer than a nail....yes I would....if I coo-oo-ood...I surely woo-oo-ood'. Gordon Bennet. And this from one of the finest lyricists of the age.
I'm a big fan of S&G too, and can tolerate El Condor Pasa... but Bridge Over Troubled Water is one song I'd rather never hear again. It's over blown, over produced, over arranged and over rated.

Roadhump

Time you enjoyed wasting was not wasted
Lifted by the Lighthouse Family. It sounds as though someone asked the most boring person in the world to come up with the most boring song in the world. It's more boring than being bored and the only example in life where being bored is a bad thing. it shouldn't even be used to induce people into a coma, because being that bored can only be lethal.

That is the worst song ever from anywhere in the world, I hate it with an absolute passion. I was going to put it as my nomination but decided to read through the thread first to see is anyone else had nominated it, amazed that it took to page 5 to find it. My kids used to sing it to me to wind me up because they knew how much I hate it. The bloke couldn't sing to save his life but credit where it's due he has probably made a fair few bob out of the ultimate in plastic pop music, absolute shoite!!!

Top Bottom