Name the stuff that you regret ever buying

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
U

User6179

Continental Innertubes. Bloody expensive and crap - sort your assembly line out and screw the bloody valve cores in. 100 PSI of compressed CO2 exploding out of the valve stem don't half make you jump.

They are especially good if your in the middle of nowhere and you have just fitted the spare tube because of a puncture , you then pull out your screw on pump , pump the tyre up to 100 psi and as you unscrew the pump the valve cores unscrew as well :thumbsup:

speccy1

I have a few.................

Gatorskin tyres
Mr Muscle oven cleaner
A heated windscreen ice scraper
A modern BOILER
Any car I`ve ever had

And a few more which I will think of soon,,,,,,,,,,,,

nickyboy

Norven Mankey
Garmin Edge 810. I thought I was being smart buying it on ebay from some reseller in Israel, saving myself a few quid.

Never been right. If I go "off course" it gets all upset and switches itself off. Maybe if I went for a ride in the Golan Heights I might have more luck

Ford C-Max

Absolutely destatable!! (& replaced with an Octavia estate, which has been brilliant for the 2 & 1/2 years we've had it!!)

Glass fogged up, at any time of year, unless A/C was constantly on
A-pillars made perfect cyclist blindspots
3 broken windscreens in 2 years
New front tyres after (to all intents & purposes) every 9-10,000miles! (Octavia had first set at roughly 30,000)
Very pale grey upholstery that never came clean, after SWMBO left the windows open in a rainstorm

I used to leave it unlocked, hoping someone was desperate/stupid enough to steal it

Jenkins

Legendary Member
Endowment mortgage.

This, along with payment insurance, was one of my best buys surprisingly!

A self completed PPI claim paid out over 2 1/2 times what I paid in for the insurance for less than an hour's work. And in about 6 months time, having paid of the mortgage a few years ago, I'm getting a pretty decent endowment payout to spend as I wish.

I do regret buying my shed though - it's far too small and not secure enough to store the bikes I want to move in there. However when the endowment pays out...

No mention of a purple shell suit either.
Perhaps we are not mad enough... :wacko:

Basil.B

Guru
They are especially good if your in the middle of nowhere and you have just fitted the spare tube because of a puncture , you then pull out your screw on pump , pump the tyre up to 100 psi and as you unscrew the pump the valve cores unscrew as well :thumbsup:
Buy yourself a inner core valve tool, problem solved! :thumbsup:

Top Bottom