Name the stuff that you regret ever buying

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

BrumJim

Forum Stalwart (won't take the hint and leave...)
Bio-diesel maker. Never made a batch, and then got a bike, so car miles have dropped to around 5,000 a year. And a son. So I have no spare time for doing something that I don't make full use of.
Watch. Replacement for the lovely glass-backed version that got stolen. I chose it, but still don't like it and never wear it. I may have given it away, but I'm not sure.
Watch that can be used for measuring and timing my ski-ing. Now superseded by countless mobile phone apps.

I can't help thinking about the free/exchange section of this website... :whistle: I know for one that I would love to have a sandwich toaster, veg steamer and juicer once again. I have the blender which is in weekly use at the moment, daily when I am on my feet (which would take a wee while yet) and that telescope would be great for keeping me occupied during my sleepless nights...

I think we need an online bring and by sale setting up, I really do!

I've been honest with Mrs Fnaar, and admitted that I will be glad when the dog dies. It's true, I will. But I haven't said that to the kids. Who aren't kids anymore.

Headline from the Thumberland Evening Scriminger December 2032. "World's longest living dog gets telegram from King Harry's corgis" Fnarrover today received a huge bone by appointment as well-wishers gathered outside the now famous household. "Ees lovely, an' gives yer a lick every time we meet" said a local, Miss Notsogoodbodywhat'sleftofit, as she perched on one of her stools...

cisamcgu

Legendary Member
I used to have a telescope and got many, many hours of enjoyment out of it (profile pic of Saturn was taken with it :smile: ) - but, we moved house to one with a tiny garden overlooked by a street-light - so the local school got a £1000+ of telescope gear :|

The thing I most regret buying .. Hmm... so many to choose from, but probably either a trumpet (I am so not musical) or a fish tank + fish. The trumpet has been given on permanent loan to a friend and the fish tank just sits there, with sad, small fish swimming aimlessly ...

Fnaar

Smutmaster General
Headline from the Thumberland Evening Scriminger December 2032. "World's longest living dog gets telegram from King Harry's corgis" Fnarrover today received a huge bone by appointment as well-wishers gathered outside the now famous household. "Ees lovely, an' gives yer a lick every time we meet" said a local, Miss Notsogoodbodywhat'sleftofit, as she perched on one of her stools...
I had a similar mongrel mutt when I was a kid/teenager/adult...bloody thing lived till it was 17

I have two, and they're going nowhere!
hopefully the one that was left in the kitchen by the courier earlier today (we are keeping the front door unlocked and they all now know I can't come to the door and just open the door, yell hi and leave the parcel and if necessary sign for it for me....) will find its way to the bedroom later on. I need it to raise my legs up when I sleep at night to help with the bad back. hospital beds are wonderful from that point of view, but my own bed is so much more comfortable other than it not being adjustable and 3 pillows is just not working!

Berk on a Bike

Veteran
Having worked my way through 8 pages I'm disappointed no one has mentioned a Sodastream or an over sized heavyweight Wok from Ikea.
We have an unused sodastream in the cupboard under the stairs. Sent to me by their PR firm wanting an online review but I never got around to taking it out of the box, let alone using it to make fizzy pop.

Reactions: ACS

Donger

Convoi Exceptionnel
This:
40.jpg
I mean, really, what was I thinking? And it's not even as comfortable as the saddle that came with my bike in the first place.

Top Bottom