Nashbar Steel or Viking Racemaster?

• Thread starter Deleted member 20519
  • Start date
Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

400bhp

Guru
On the website, there's so money off if you spend a certain amount. I can't be arsed to spell it out.

Also Google Halfords discounts. There's often stuff out there

LosingFocus

Lost it, got it again.
Can I add a suggestion? Now, correct me if I have any of this wrong but...

1) you are looking to buy a Triban in 2 months for 299
2) between now and then you have 200 to spend on a bike, selling it and getting (maybe) 100/150 back if you are lucky.
3) So thats a total budget of 400-450.

So why so fixated with the Triban 3? Loads of other bikes out there in that price range with a frame that wil suit a 5'5 to 5'10 body.

OP
OP
D

Deleted member 20519

I've ridden an 18" for pretty much every bike that I've owned but the sizing guide tells me that I should have a 16"?

Col5632

Guru
I wouldnt not get a hybrid especially as you need a bike more or less now as you said, you really wont get much if anything decent road bike wise for £200, the cheapest decent road bike i know about is the Triban 3, i would either wait for the Triban or get a hybrid now to do you :thumbsup:

OP
OP
D

Deleted member 20519

I wouldnt not get a hybrid especially as you need a bike more or less now as you said, you really wont get much if anything decent road bike wise for £200, the cheapest decent road bike i know about is the Triban 3, i would either wait for the Triban or get a hybrid now to do you :thumbsup:

I'll probably go for the Hybrid now. The Subway looks good and it's at a good price too. One thing, I thought Hybrids had 700c wheels when this has 26"?

400bhp

Guru
"Hybrid" is a wide term to use bikes that are neither pure road bike, nor pure mountain bike.

I have a Subway (disc brake version) and it's great.

I suspect if you stuck it on here after a couple of months use, (all things equal) you'll get £150 back for it no problems.

OP
OP
D

Deleted member 20519

Im no expert but is that not the same thing?

700c is larger than the standard 26" wheels and it tends to go along with some skinnier tyres, less rolling resistance.

Col5632

Guru
700c is larger than the standard 26" wheels and it tends to go along with some skinnier tyres, less rolling resistance.

The subway looks like it comes with "mountain bike" type tyres to me :thumbsup:

OP
OP
D

Deleted member 20519

What frame size would I be needing? I'm 5'5 but the Subway only comes in an 18" frame.

Top Bottom