National Take Your Dog To Work Day

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

SpokeyDokey

67, & my GP says I will officially be old at 70!
Apart from being on the furniture in the first place, a dogs place is on the floor, not on furniture & definitely not on beds, disgusting habit by humans to allow it.

I'm with you on this. I'm a dog lover but unless there is a piece of furniture that is specifically the dogs then they keep off of all furniture in our house.

As for dogs on beds, each to their own, but I think it's disgusting - dogs are hardly the most fastidious of creatures. The same goes for kissing dogs and letting them lick the faces of humans - jeez, what goes down past their teeth doesn't bear thinking about. To the best of my knowledge during my dog's lifetime he ate cat, sheep, cow and horse crap and on one occasion on Ben Nevis human crap left by some filthy swine who couldn't be bothered to bag it out or at least bury it (preferably the former).

Lovely animals to have around but clean they are not.

D

Deleted member 26715

Why does it matter so much to you?
It doesn't matter in the least to me, but as it was HER chair I thought I'd just ask why SHE needed a chair, if it's all the same to you

Electric_Andy

Heavy Metal Fan
My friends' wife is deaf and has a hearing dog. She works at the job centre and they let her take the dog in every day, she sits under the table (the dog). The lady also has suffers with depression so the dog was a real lifeline. That's a nice story isn't it.

I agree with the furniture, my old family dogs had their own beanbag and would occasionally sit up with my mum in the armchair but I don't agree with pets on beds. Hygiene aside, I don't like bits of fluff and/or scabby skin on my face at the best of times, but especially in bed. Lots of people sleep with their pets though. You house, your rules.

potsy

Rambler
Mine sleep on the bed, on top of the duvet only (who knows if that will change in winter) but usually gets too warm after a while and goes back to the floor or a cooler spot.

Nibor

Bewildered
View attachment 415694

But that's ok, you keep enjoying your Aryan master dog.

(the real scandal about the current fashion in cross breeding is that a cocker spaniel/poodle cross isn't called a cockerdoodle)
Did I at any time support pure bred dogs in any form all of my dogs have been mongrels or first crosses and benefitted from hibrid vigor they just did not have a stupid inflated price tag and an even more stupid breed name.

Nibor

Bewildered
no he's not a mongrel,he's a cross breed. A combination of two breeds of dog. A mongrel is a dog where the breeds that make it up aren't known. And i didnt pay over the odds for him. I gave his previous owner £50 for him. So there!!
Sorry Accy he is still a Mongrel

mongrel
ˈmʌŋɡr(ə)l/
noun
  1. a dog of no definable type or breed.
    "she's a particularly intelligent mongrel with a lot of collie in her"
    synonyms: cross-bred, mixed-breed, half-breed, hybrid
    "a mongrel bitch"
    • any animal resulting from the crossing of different breeds or types.
      synonyms: cross-breed, cross, mixed breed, half-breed, hybrid; More

• offensive
      a person of mixed descent.
      "she was a mongrel, only half French"

Accy cyclist

Legendary Member
Sorry Accy he is still a Mongrel

mongrel
ˈmʌŋɡr(ə)l/
noun
  1. a dog of no definable type or breed.
    "she's a particularly intelligent mongrel with a lot of collie in her"
    synonyms: cross-bred, mixed-breed, half-breed, hybrid
    "a mongrel bitch"
    • any animal resulting from the crossing of different breeds or types.
      synonyms: cross-breed, cross, mixed breed, half-breed, hybrid; More

• offensive
      a person of mixed descent.
      "she was a mongrel, only half French"
I'm really not bothered at all what he's classed as. After all,it wasn't me who bought him as a possible 'designer dog', as i got him off a woman who did. I'd like to add that i didn't buy him off her because of what type of dog he supposedly was. I ended up looking after him as his previous owner had to go into hospital for a while. Then when she came out she found she couldn't look after him so i ended up with him.On his vet certificate they have him down as a Jack Russell crossed with a Chihuahua. Now he definitely hasn't any Chihuahua in him,but i think they just played along with his previous owner because she insisted that's what he was/is so... I do know that people stop in the street to say stuff like "isn't he lovely" and to stroke him, as he is quite a cute dog. I Like that! Some shall we say inadequate people like to walk down a street and intimidate people with their 'devil dogs'. They like to make people get out their way. I'm the opposite. When folk come over and ask what type of dog he is i'll say to them "he's a friendly dog". When they insist i tell them his breed i'll say he's a Jack Russell crossed with a Shih Tzu,but i always say he's that through someone else's choice as it wasn't me who wanted/insisted on someone breeding a 'designer' dog for my sake. I also tell them he's been neutered,when they ask if he's fathered puppies,adding that also wasn't my decision as i wouldn't have something done to something that i wouldn't be prepared to have done to myself.

Salar

A fish out of water
Mine comes to work with me every day, my office is in the garden.
He also commandeers my drawings when they are spread out on the floor, as if to say no more work, time for play.

001.JPG

Nibor

Bewildered
I'm really not bothered at all what he's classed as. After all,it wasn't me who bought him as a possible 'designer dog', as i got him off a woman who did. I'd like to add that i didn't buy him off her because of what type of dog he supposedly was. I ended up looking after him as his previous owner had to go into hospital for a while. Then when she came out she found she couldn't look after him so i ended up with him.On his vet certificate they have him down as a Jack Russell crossed with a Chihuahua. Now he definitely hasn't any Chihuahua in him,but i think they just played along with his previous owner because she insisted that's what he was/is so... I do know that people stop in the street to say stuff like "isn't he lovely" and to stroke him, as he is quite a cute dog. I Like that! Some shall we say inadequate people like to walk down a street and intimidate people with their 'devil dogs'. They like to make people get out their way. I'm the opposite. When folk come over and ask what type of dog he is i'll say to them "he's a friendly dog". When they insist i tell them his breed i'll say he's a Jack Russell crossed with a Shih Tzu,but i always say he's that through someone else's choice as it wasn't me who wanted/insisted on someone breeding a 'designer' dog for my sake. I also tell them he's been neutered,when they ask if he's fathered puppies,adding that also wasn't my decision as i wouldn't have something done to something that i wouldn't be prepared to have done to myself.
Sorry Accy I as just having a little fun he does look like a really nice dog

vickster

Legendary Member
We don't know what he looks like. That was a picture from a random website of a dog that may not even be the same mix as Accy's. We'll never know what his looks like, as he doesn't know anyone who has a camera.
Nibor lives in Accrington. Maybe he could take a photo for Accy :smile:

Top Bottom