Nearly got punched by a cyclist!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
I'm sure they have! I wasn't really directing what I wrote at you, nor in response to what you wrote, I just tend to get carried away with this. A bit like getting me talking about diskbrakes and why they should be fitted to roadbikes ;)

OT
How the f*** do you pronounce your webname!?!?

I'm going for "tin-drah" but keep getting messed around by the 1 in the middle :tongue::wacko:

OP
OP
punkypossum

punkypossum

Donut Devil
tdr1nka said:
Punky,

Today you sadly met the nutter on a bike.

That pretty much sums it up!!! :tongue: I don't know if he would have done the same if I hadn't been female, but it doesn't really make any difference...Just hope I never run into him again, or if I do it's when his shopping bag gets entangled in the spokes on a downhill stretch!!!;)

Foghat

Freight-train-groove-rider
Jacomus-rides-Gen said:
Just because I'm a man doesn't mean I'm any less vulnerable than a woman.

Threatening to punch anyone in the face is bullying.

If he had punched punky in the face, it would probably have had the same effect as punching you or me in the face (unless you box/ regularly get unched in the face). I personally think there is too much emphasis on physical strengh, and not enough on what would actually happen.

Well, it's probably fair to say that most people instinctively feel that it's worse to hit a woman, whatever the reasoning involved, and since this is a subjective matter, then ipso facto it is worse to hit a woman.

gambatte

Middle of the pack...
Jacomus-rides-Gen said:
When I first started ninjitsu

You have just been demoted. With that statement, everyone now recognises you as a ninja.....Your secret is now public.

(Ninja motto - If you can see me, I ain't doing it right:biggrin:)

damatte keiko shiro.

I'll just disappear and practice Kihon Happo;)

Jacomus-rides-Gen said:
Just because someone isn't armed, doesn't make them less dangerous.

Hands and feet can be lethal, I know how to use a newspaper as a lethal weapon.

"Rolled newspaper? Oh, oh, oh. We want to learn how to defend ourselves against rolled newspaper, do we? Getting all high and mighty, eh? Fresh fruit not good enough for you eh? Well I'll tell you something my lad. When you're walking home tonight and some great homicidal maniac comes after you with a bunch of loganberries, don't come crying to me! Now, the passion fruit. When your assailant lunges at you with a passion fruit..."

John Ponting said:
"Rolled newspaper? Oh, oh, oh. We want to learn how to defend ourselves against rolled newspaper, do we? Getting all high and mighty, eh? Fresh fruit not good enough for you eh? Well I'll tell you something my lad. When you're walking home tonight and some great homicidal maniac comes after you with a bunch of loganberries, don't come crying to me! Now, the passion fruit. When your assailant lunges at you with a passion fruit..."

Well, if you're up against a passion fruit, your chances are pretty limited. Passion fruts can be defended against by throwing-starfruit if you can put some distance between yourself and the attacker. Though, thats unlikely, as passion fruit wielders tend to be slipperier than a greased badger and twice as fast. You best hope is to hope for an overripe fruit, otherwise, just don;t walk towards the light!!

TheDoctor

Europe Endless
If you sliced your starfruit, wouldn't you get some shuriken shuraken shiraken star shaped spiky Frisbee things to throw? You could then leg it while they assemble a weird geometrical fruit salad.;)

Maz

Guru
Jacomus-rides-Gen said:
I know how to use a newspaper as a lethal weapon.
You sound just like Gareth Keenan.

Sorry, jacomus - I'm sure you meant it seriously, but I couldn't help chuckling at that one.

I do judo and I was always taught that if some grabs you, to floor them and then run. I had two judo mates who were attacked by two blokes. They had no problem throwing the guys to the deck (and that hurts when it is tarmac) but they made the mistake of walking away and not running. The the attackers friends arrived and both my mates survived only by luck and some outside help (a passing taxi driver).

I am sure I could probably handle myself well in a fight, but you can never underestimate an opponent. So I have only ever been in one proper (han many thousands on the mat!) fight in my life when a 'friend' put chewing gum in my hair. ;) I was 12 at the time!

Arch

Married to Night Train
How horrible for you punky! Have some cake to calm you down..

Just to stick my two penn'orth in, as a woman, I don't feel it's any worse for a bloke to threaten me, that it would be if he threatened a man of roughly my build (although most men are more well built than me). Bullying is bullying, I don't want special treatment if I'm attacked, just because I'm a woman, I want recompense for being just another human being... And I would offer the same sympathy to a man who was attacked, as to a woman. It's the relative sizes of assailant and victim that bother me more.

As for fruit wars, what you want is the spikey end of a pineapple...

Top Bottom