need a different saddle

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

deptfordmarmoset

Full time tea drinker
Selle SMP (I've got a ''Hybrid'' on one of my bikes) and a narrow* ISM saddle on another. Selle SMPs have a dropped nose, ISMs have no nose at all - they're more horseshoe shaped. @ianrauk uses an SMP, though not a hybrid.

*I've no idea what your sit bone measurement is but if you're suffering from some kind of constriction, width might be an issue.

Johnno260

Veteran
Can you get to a store that sells Specialized saddles?

They have the assometer so can measure sit bone etc, the saddle I got sorted my comfort out straight away.

Another one for a Spesh saddle. When I bought my best bike it came with a top of the range Fizik thing which retails for a load of money. The most uncomfortable thing I have ever sat on.

I actually ride, and have on my three bikes, a Spesh ladies saddle which suits my sit bones perfectly even though I am not a lady!!!!!

Definitely recommend, as previous post, finding a Spesh saddle that fits you.

Another one for a Spesh saddle. When I bought my best bike it came with a top of the range Fizik thing which retails for a load of money. The most uncomfortable thing I have ever sat on.

I actually ride, and have on my three bikes, a Spesh ladies saddle which suits my sit bones perfectly even though I am not a lady!!!!!

Definitely recommend, as previous post, finding a Spesh saddle that fits you.
Same here... pinched Spesh saddle off the wife's road bike, super comfy + she never used the thing. Prologos more comfy than Fiziks imo

SpokeyDokey

67, & my GP says I will officially be old at 70!
I went out on my e bike today and once again I have pain down the left hand side near my privates, I had it after my previous ride but it went away, the doctor is sending for a scan. I`m looking at one of the saddles that don`t have a long front section like this https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Mountain...omfort-Noseless/153163500223?var=453017021645

Any ideas or advice
Thanks
Dave

Brilliant product features description ^_^ :

Feature:
- To reduce the friction between the buttocks and the cushion,
- Will not let the male oppression to the lower part of the lower body of the testis easy freedom without a burden. More free space.
- Reduce the burden of urinary system. Lower erectile dysfunction
- Have a better shock absorption when the trample
- There will be more women riding the buttocks appressed effect of enhanced force ability
- Elastic design of bend pipe. The effect of upper and lower buffer relief,
- Suitable for long distance, short ride
- Integral forming cushion. Contour modeling in line with human factors design
- Through the SGS shock test after 6000 km test, and 180 kg weight.
Cushion characteristics:
(1) the performance of the nose pad without paralysis (nose) phenomenon will cause the blood circulation of perineal extrusion part a
(2) traditional nasal cushion will be oriented, characteristics of orientation, and this product because there is no front end protruding bird head ", so the supporting point can change at any time, acceleration, rest, according to their own preferences change supporting point between the thigh to the sciatic, so there is no" stress concentration "" friction "in perineal or inner thighs.
(3) the seat can be adjusted to the ischium spacing didn't feel comfortable riding, can instantly adjust the spacing
(4) after a few minutes, you will find a smooth and very smooth, no burden. Step down the thigh without a slight opening.
(5) after the ride will not cause thigh friction phenomenon, because there is no bird head, there is no sense of oppression

The ‘mountain bike’ memory foam from Aldi. It is one of the most comfy short nosed saddles I’ve ever had.

62646BE5-0DEE-4831-8B7C-06B03A9FD7AA.jpeg

They appear to have sold out on line, but a quick search may turn some up.

biggs682

Touch it up and ride it
Selle smp for me most miles are done on the lite 209 model but i also have the older TRK on a couple of other bikes and find them great , do the measurments to check sit bone width and have a look at the range . The uk distributor Dilglove use to offer a free trial period so worth a shout

numbnuts

Legendary Member
Selle SMP :okay:

GuyBoden

Guru
The ‘mountain bike’ memory foam from Aldi. It is one of the most comfy short nosed saddles I’ve ever had.

View attachment 442227

They appear to have sold out on line, but a quick search may turn some up.

I got the Trekking version to try on my winter bike, it's very comfy even after 4-6 hours in the saddle. The Trekking version has an added steel spring suspension system. Good for a more upright ridding position with straight handlebars.

Bikemate-Memory-Foam-Trekking-Saddle-A.jpg

Brilliant product features description ^_^ :

Feature:
- To reduce the friction between the buttocks and the cushion,
- Will not let the male oppression to the lower part of the lower body of the testis easy freedom without a burden. More free space.
- Reduce the burden of urinary system. Lower erectile dysfunction
- Have a better shock absorption when the trample
- There will be more women riding the buttocks appressed effect of enhanced force ability
- Elastic design of bend pipe. The effect of upper and lower buffer relief,
- Suitable for long distance, short ride
- Integral forming cushion. Contour modeling in line with human factors design
- Through the SGS shock test after 6000 km test, and 180 kg weight.
Cushion characteristics:
(1) the performance of the nose pad without paralysis (nose) phenomenon will cause the blood circulation of perineal extrusion part a
(2) traditional nasal cushion will be oriented, characteristics of orientation, and this product because there is no front end protruding bird head ", so the supporting point can change at any time, acceleration, rest, according to their own preferences change supporting point between the thigh to the sciatic, so there is no" stress concentration "" friction "in perineal or inner thighs.
(3) the seat can be adjusted to the ischium spacing didn't feel comfortable riding, can instantly adjust the spacing
(4) after a few minutes, you will find a smooth and very smooth, no burden. Step down the thigh without a slight opening.
(5) after the ride will not cause thigh friction phenomenon, because there is no bird head, there is no sense of oppression
That is an utter, utter joy to read! Brilliant.
:biggrin:

Supersuperleeds

Legendary Member
No one said Charge Spoon or a Brooks yet!

In all seriousness, as others have said get down to a specialized store and get measured. I also think Spesh do a 30 day trial on new saddles

Heltor Chasca

Out-riding the Black Dog
Selle smp for me most miles are done on the lite 209 model but i also have the older TRK on a couple of other bikes and find them great , do the measurments to check sit bone width and have a look at the range . The uk distributor Dilglove use to offer a free trial period so worth a shout

This is interesting. Their website says ring and discuss trials. Do you know how they do this? I live too far away for an in house fit to be feasible. Thanks.

biggs682

Touch it up and ride it
This is interesting. Their website says ring and discuss trials. Do you know how they do this? I live too far away for an in house fit to be feasible. Thanks.

When i dealt with them about 3 years ago i had already decided i wanted to try the lite 209 so i rang them and they offered to loan me one for a couple of weeks as long as i left them my card details and once my loan period was over they recd it back in as sent condition , in the end i had it on loan for about 3 or 4 weeks as it was awful weather at the time .

Great company to deal with and very good technical info if needed well recommended

Heltor Chasca

Out-riding the Black Dog
An update on the saddle issue. @biggs682 recommended https://www.dillglove.co.uk/ up country from me. I’ve got to say that their customer service has been extraordinary. They sent 2 test saddles before the Christmas break and I’ve tested them to within an inch of their lives. The Festive 500 was an ideal litmus. I could get pretty close to where I wanted to be on the turbo, then went out for a few very long rides of over 200km each.

I am pretty much 90% sure which saddle is for me. That wasn’t good enough for them, they wanted me to be 100% sure so they popped another one in the post which arrives the next day. How’s that for service?

I highly recommend the service of Brian and particularly Debbie. They are a tribute to themselves. Customer service is not dead in the U.K. yet.

Top Bottom