need a different saddle

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Heltor Chasca

Out-riding the Black Dog
Thank's for the update @Heltor Chasca , if i remember rightly i dealt with Debbie who like you say couldn't do enough to help me
So which one are you favouring ?

I’m favouring Debbie over Brian at this stage.

Heltor Chasca

Out-riding the Black Dog
Thank's for the update @Heltor Chasca , if i remember rightly i dealt with Debbie who like you say couldn't do enough to help me
So which one are you favouring ?

Apologies. Lust in translation. In an ideal world the Pro (on paper) looked best but it was out of budget. So I have tried the family of Wells (formerly Hell) The standard Well seemed the best width, but over 100km the padding on the ‘tracks’ under my sit bones were harsh. The meatier Well M1 suited much better, but after about 150/180km I felt circulatory issues going on in my buttocks. It was perhaps too wide towards the rear of the saddle. Sit bones and perineum were the comfiest they have been for a long while. Perhaps with a few more rides I could become more accustomed to this saddle. And racking up over 300 miles in 3 days, perhaps anyone would be uncomfortable on a new saddle.

As far as I can make out, where you perch your sit bones, is the same width in all the Well saddles, it seems to be the rear that changes in shape/dimensions. But for avoidance of doubt, Debbie has sent the Well Gel, which is the same as the Standard Well, but with more padding.

I’ll see how I get on and let you know. Thanks for the recommendation. It is a keeper.

steveindenmark

Legendary Member
I saw that Josh Ibbert used a WTB saddle for his RTW ride I had never heard of them before but they are not expensive.

Josh is a very experienced rider and winner of the Transcontinental Race. WTB saddle. It may be worth a look.

Heltor Chasca

Out-riding the Black Dog
Sheesh! Brian and Debbie at https://www.dillglove.co.uk/ are blowing the sense of the term ‘customer service’ out of the water for me. The 3rd saddle has arrived and I’ve used it for two decent turbo sessions which has helped me position it ‘as near as damnit’. Trouble is I would like to try it on my ultimate litmus: a lumpy, rough 200km+ Audax hat I’m doing at the end of January. Brian: ‘No problem. Just send the other two back and keep that one and see how you get on. :notworthy:

I can’t recommend them enough.

Gravity Aided

Legendary Member
I saw that Josh Ibbert used a WTB saddle for his RTW ride I had never heard of them before but they are not expensive.

Josh is a very experienced rider and winner of the Transcontinental Race. WTB saddle. It may be worth a look.
I enjoy mine, currently on my Trek 950 drop bar conversion. Mine is not slotted, but does have a deep valley in the middle of the saddle. Quite comfortable

steveindenmark

Legendary Member
My Infinity bike seat is great. But it is a very risky business buying one. Like Brooks saddles, they dont suit everyone and they are hellish expensive

Top Bottom