Neil Orrell Cycles

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

biggs682

Touch it up and ride it
i contacted Neil Orrell Cylces through the contact page on there website http://www.neilorrellcycles.co.uk/ re a bike i had seen for sale late yesterday afternoon .

And to my surprise i had a reply from the Neil Orrell with in 2 hours and a couple more since , its nice to see such a response in this day and age .... so well done Mr Orrell .

Any cc'ers who are more local than me have any comments they would like to add

JoeyB

Go on, tilt your head!
Did you buy the bike more importantly?

shouldbeinbed

Rollin' along
The shop is on an irregular route of mine, not been in for a long time but was (hopefully still is) a proper old LBS of the sort where you can just go in for a natter and come away with just the bit you need for a CAAD10 or a 1932 Sturmey hub gear. Quite lucky round here with Gerry Shields in the vicinity too.

Globalti

Legendary Member
In a professional Sales environment, a reply email or phone call within ten minutes should be the norm. If you're emailing someone who is not likely to be at their computer, two hours is acceptable.

OP
OP
biggs682

biggs682

Touch it up and ride it
In a professional Sales environment, a reply email or phone call within ten minutes should be the norm. If you're emailing someone who is not likely to be at their computer, two hours is acceptable.
@Globalti couldnt agree more , but when its late afternoon early evening on boxing day i think its fantastic service .

i am sure when i fire up my works pc 2moro i will have 30+ sales enquiry e mails awaiting my attention but then the business is not mine

I know a chap who rides a bright yellow Neil Orrell bike around here. Nice looking frame and we'll speccd.
Here's a yellow and blue frame. He made quite a few of these for an ageing chain gang from North Manchester. I bought this frame for £10 including an Omas headset and a seat pin that must be 500mm long.
I miss Neil, he would get my chattering out of his ears by ordering cups of tea. When he repaired a bespoke frame for me some years ago we suspected I might lose the downtube lug, the lugs are Haden Concorde, very long. We fished about upstairs and found such a lug, the set of 3 in fact. Anyway he managed to save the original which made life easier.
Neil used to work as a metallurgist and worked in France possibly for Areva in Le Creusot. Some of the welds he used to inspect where deeper than my pockets.

Attachments

• IMG_20190717_152607.jpg
    IMG_20190717_152607.jpg
    136.8 KB · Views: 74
Top Bottom