Never mind the rain, what about the Spam shortage?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

I like Skol

A Minging Manc...
My last two visits to my local Sainsburys have been met with disappointment in the Spam department! No full size tins in stock and the shelves faced up with a meagre display of small tins in the Lite and Bacon variety :eek:

On returning home I broke the terrible news to the kids and joked that just when we thought things couldn't get any worse we now had a national Spam shortage. At this point Mrs Skol chipped in with the news that our friend Jo had found Morrisons was also Spamless and had resorted to buying their own brand version, which a blind taste test against a genuine tin they still had at home had proved to be a poor substitute.....

So, what's going on? What's the situation in your area/supermarket? Is this related to the covid situation or is it deeper than that and are we being punished by those pesky Eurocrats for our Brexit from the EU? When will Spam supply return to normal? Won't somebody please think about the children? :mrpig:

classic33

Leg End Member
Been missing from the supermarket shelves for a while. In any form.

Fab Foodie

hanging-on in quiet desperation ...
I wisely stocked-up on Spam pre-Brexit, and am currently OK. But have had issues in my Sainsbury’s with Tabasco Original. No stock for weeks, I’d not thought to panic-buy that as well....

Archie_tect

De Skieven Architek... aka Penfold + Horace
Costco sell packs of 340g tins of it... just under £12 for 6 tins.

Accy cyclist

Legendary Member
Spam especially cold Spam :thumbsdown:

So salty. Well it was the last time i had some,but i know they brought a low salt one out. I used to eat it years ago,but i grilled it to get most of the fat out. It wasn't bad. When grilled it's similar to bacon.

classic33

Leg End Member
Slowmotion's to blame for the pilchard shortage, Fan Foodie's to blame for the Spam shortage.

Anyone else responsible for anything going short?

srw

It's a bit more complicated than that...
It's made in Denmark. You might have noticed a little local political upheaval that's made trade with an EU member state more difficult...

D

Deleted member 26715

Have you tried Home Bargains, I'm sure I saw some a couple of weeks ago,

Top Bottom