New Baby Running Commentary!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Smurfy

Naturist Smurf
jades-letter_-_ful_3267877c.jpg

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/technolo...acebook-friends-over-constant-baby-posts.html

What would you do?

Sandra6

Veteran
I'd be picking a new group of friends.
That said, I do have some friends whose constant sharenting is quite depressing.

MontyVeda

a short-tempered ill-controlled small-minded troll
another slow news day in the Telegraph?

hmmm... what would i do? I'd recognise that a new baby is the centre of their doting mothers life and will grin and bear it when they talk endlessly about how wonderful the most important thing in their life is.... real friends and decent people do that sort of thing... shallow nasty sods send a letter like the one posted above...

Jade... if you're reading this, your friends who sent that letter aren't very nice people and lack the tolerance you deserve. In fact, they sound like a spiteful gossipy bunch who you could well do without.

Lullabelle

Banana
I am friends with someone on facebook. She and her husband went on a date night for an 8 (small) course tasting menu, she posted pics of each course, just how dull was her husband that she needed to do that?

Mrs M

Guru
What a nasty letter.
New mum is sharing her wonderful experiences via facebook (not exactly ramming down throats) with people she thinks are friends but who clearly are not.

Lullabelle

Banana
If you are not interested then don't look/read end of...

ScotiaLass

Guru
Yip, if you don't want to see the womans comments/photos etc, then 'unfriend' her.

The letter is just nasty and cowardly. If these people were true friends, they would tolerate this new mums' pride and obvious joy for her new baby.
6 months old? My daughter is 29 years old and I am still proud of her; her wonderful Army career, her lovely husband and home, and her two beautiful sons.
Maybe this woman had difficultly conceiving her child, who knows? My daughter lost 3 babies before she had her two sons.

Don't judge. You never know what someone has been through and maybe they just don't want to say.

Last edited:
Unfortunately my job requires me to know the workings of Facebook inside out, as it's a massive cause of people calling the police to say someone is "slagging them off" or "threatening them" or harassing them.

Her 'friends' could choose options to simply "see less posts like this" or "unfollow" her without "unfriending" her.

They don't seem like friends and I suggest the mother find the real life "unfriend" option.

Top Bottom