New Bike, Cracked Frame....

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

MartinC

Über Member
And I though ti frames were near indestructible :eek:

Ti is virtually indestructible but you have to be very careful to weld it under a blanket of inert gas to exclude oxygen - otherwise the weld is weak. So how indestructible a Ti frame is depends on how well it was made.

Globalti

Legendary Member
It's pretty flexible - I bent the dropout hanger on my Ti Global quite badly once when my derailleur picked up a big old sheet of polythene lying on the ground. But it bent back easily enough.

Crankarm

Guru
Your life sounds really tough. "My wife went on holiday without me, I miss her. Still she sent Cameron Diaz and Eva Mendes round, so I'm having to make do with them. I don't much like either of them, but I suppose Cameron can knock up a decent lasagne, so I don't mind her not putting the bins out as regularly as I'd like, and Eva's got the hang of the washing machine but she keeps leaving her knickers in the bathroom. Ah well.":tongue:

Goddesses from Athena or were they a Mirage?

What was their Chorus line?

Still you'd want to Record them for posterity .............. :whistle: .

Never look a gift horse or two in the ..................

:rolleyes:

OP
OP
M

MrRidley

Ok time to update, got my bike back today, great service from Ridley who not only replaced the frame, they also replaced the forks, headset and chain, and sent me a letter of apology, also great service from Solid Rock Cycles Glasgow, Mark who runs it kept me updated with developments throughout, so very pleased i've got it back, now time to get some miles in.

Scoosh

Velocouchiste
Ok time to update, got my bike back today, great service from Ridley who not only replaced the frame, they also replaced the forks, headset and chain, and sent me a letter of apology, also great service from Solid Rock Cycles Glasgow, Mark who runs it kept me updated with developments throughout, so very pleased i've got it back, now time to get some miles in.
:bravo: :wahhey: great result and well done to all concerned. :thumbsup:

This is Jim "I don't need the miles" ???
(you were heard by more than myself ;))

OP
OP
M

MrRidley

That was last month...

Well said that man, especially since i treated myself to a new bike :bicycle: today, a lovely little cheeky Bianchi :biggrin: but i had to sell one first, to celebrate i'm going to have a few drinks :cheers: tonight, then break the news to my darling wife :eek:

Scoosh

Velocouchiste
Well said that man, especially since i treated myself to a new bike :bicycle: today, a lovely little cheeky Bianchi :biggrin: but i had to sell one first, to celebrate i'm going to have a few drinks :cheers: tonight, then break the news to my darling wife :eek:
Is this another 5 month delivery ? Same Bianchi as ordered before ?

Surely not :ohmy:

JimtheScot

well done Jim. Looking forward to seeing your new Bianchi.

Top Bottom