New bike day 😉

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

steveindenmark

Legendary Member
I decided to get a new bike for the Pan Celtic Race this year. Something that will take wider tyres than I am used to and with gears that can get over hills.

I went for the Specialized Diverge E5 comp 2024 .

It has a 1 x 30t chainring and an 11- 50 SRAM Eagle casette. I have never had SRAM before. That was a suprise 🙂 I am sure I will figure them out today.

It has Specialized Future Shock in the handlebar. I have this on another Specialized bike and really like it. I also have a Redshift seatpost, which is an excellent piece of kit.

35c tyres are fitted (I believe). But it will take 47c.

Im looking forward to putting a few miles on it.

20240430_121826.jpg

20240430_121805.jpg

ianrauk

Tattooed Beat Messiah
What's your baggage options for the race?

OP
OP
steveindenmark

steveindenmark

Legendary Member
What's your baggage options for the race?

I am not sure yet. I am 66 and not a racer. I have not been back to the UK for over 10 years. So for me it will be a ride through the countryside and a few pub meals.

The baggage could be my Tailfin rear bag and a couple of small panniers.

20240430_112327.jpg

OP
OP
steveindenmark

steveindenmark

Legendary Member
Is that the size of pannier you need for all the midge repellant you'll use on the route?

I need to fit in a full body mosquito net.😉 Most of my mileage is ridden in the dark so I may get a couple of hours respite from the beasties.

That pannier looks far bigger than it actually is. I hope. 🙂

SpokeyDokey

67, & my GP says I will officially be old at 70!
Crikey! That's a really nice looking and thoroughly modern bike! I like it a lot.

Although, my brain is still trying to get used to the sight of those enormous cassettes!

Wishing you many safe and happy miles on the beast.

Top Bottom