New bike, massive improvement

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Matthew_T

"Young and Ex-whippet"
Had my new Spesh Sectuer Elite '11 delivered today. Assembled it immidiately and then went out for a ride. I had to adjust the seat and bars to get comfortable and I need to pump up the tires a little but what a bike!
I was absolutely flying along my usual route, and with hardly any effort. I didnt get any PR on Strava as I wasnt pushing it and I didnt want to wreck the bike but I just love it!

When I first went to change gear, I forgot that it had shifters (my old one had downtube) on the bars. It felt a bit weird at the start but the brakes are brilliant and I have now got my stability okay.
It is going to be my good bike and I am only using it on club runs and TT's. As a result, I am taking it to the training session tonight at Marsh Tracks.

What a lovely bike!

Andrew_Culture

Internet Marketing bod
Exciting times!

I remember the first time I rode a bike with brakes that are also shfters, what a joy!

Globalti

Legendary Member
Congrats. Will you be selling the old shopping bike?

Now you've got a Specialized you'll need to get matching kit and shave your legs. Get some latex inner tubes and you'll love the bike even more.

mattobrien

Guru
Always lovely to have a new bike, glad you are enjoying it.

Just need to bolster my savings somewhat before one comes in my direction. Might help if I stopped buying too much cycling kit...

PaulSecteur

No longer a Specialized fanboy
Cant go wrong with a secteur!

phil_hg_uk

I am not a member, I am a free man !!!!!!
Nice bike I have the 2010 version and I love it.

I remember when I first got it, I went to it from a Dawes Ultra Galaxy and I was bombing down a country lane when I decided to get out othe saddle and give it some welly, the bike was so light compared with the Dawes when I swung it to one side I nearly threw myself into the hedgerow :laugh:

Top Bottom