New bike, new bike, new bike, new bike

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Saluki

World class procrastinator
Did I mention that I had a new bike? Well I do. Have a new bike, I mean. I really like posting those words. New bike ^_^ New to me anyway.

I posted a quick pic yesterday of Eric, the new Planet X XLS Carbon CX bike. He's second hand and was originally owned by a young man who went off cycling :eek: despite his Dad buying a rather sexy bike.
Anyway, the decals were a bit naff and looked like something had rubbed up against them at the bottom, where th bike was stored, so I whipped them off today. I have replaced the bar tape with something loud and obnoxious. I know most people will hate it but I love it. I am wondering if I can find a loud, green (comfy) saddle to go with.

I was surprised how quick he is, compared to my old Spesh MTB, he handles much better too and stops really well. Pics below.:becool:
DSCF7459.jpg

DSCF7460.jpg

Showing pretty Carbon pattern. The lacquer isn't lifting, it's the way that the camera flash caught it.
DSCF7461.jpg

vickster

Legendary Member
Needs much more colour ;)

I am wondering if I can find a loud, green (comfy) saddle to go with.
b17_standard-applegreen_w375_h275_vamiddle_jc95.jpg

GrumpyGregry

Here for rides.
I can flog you some Vittoria tyres with a nice green stripe I've got spare.....

my only surprise is that you're surprised it is faster/better than an mtb.

OP
OP
Saluki

Saluki

World class procrastinator
I can flog you some Vittoria tyres with a nice green stripe I've got spare.....

my only surprise is that you're surprised it is faster/better than an mtb.

The Hardrock was quite quick and really flickable. I had a lot of fun on him. The PX is another world. It's a heck of a lot lighter as well, only 8.2kg

Wouldn't the Vittorias be a bit thinner and a whole lot less knobbly though? I back on to the Marriotts Way and ride up and down it quite a lot and need a bit of help in the tyre department when it rains.

DCLane

Found in the Yorkshire hills ...
Lime green cable outers from Jagwire (I've just bought 2 sets):

279749325_247.jpg

Lime green saddle (Charge Bucket / others):

$_57.JPG

Lime green pedals:

p4pb3193418.jpg

Lime green tyres:

$T2eC16d,!)cE9s4Pu,QbBRPsdWOh(!~~60_1.JPG

Lime green bottle cage:

RD2223.JPG

Lime green hoods:

$(KGrHqR,!nYFG2Qo)dmwBR1Ycnm99Q~~60_35.JPG

Lime green lights:

knog_frog_pair_limegreen_enhance1000.jpg

There ... all colour co-ordinated :becool:

Last edited:

GrumpyGregry

Here for rides.
The Hardrock was quite quick and really flickable. I had a lot of fun on him. The PX is another world. It's a heck of a lot lighter as well, only 8.2kg

Wouldn't the Vittorias be a bit thinner and a whole lot less knobbly though? I back on to the Marriotts Way and ride up and down it quite a lot and need a bit of help in the tyre department when it rains.
The are intended for pavé so are pretty robust. They cope with the Downslink fine.

Mo1959

Legendary Member
Did I mention that I had a new bike? Well I do. Have a new bike, I mean. I really like posting those words. New bike ^_^ New to me anyway.

I posted a quick pic yesterday of Eric, the new Planet X XLS Carbon CX bike. He's second hand and was originally owned by a young man who went off cycling :eek: despite his Dad buying a rather sexy bike.
Anyway, the decals were a bit naff and looked like something had rubbed up against them at the bottom, where th bike was stored, so I whipped them off today. I have replaced the bar tape with something loud and obnoxious. I know most people will hate it but I love it. I am wondering if I can find a loud, green (comfy) saddle to go with.

I was surprised how quick he is, compared to my old Spesh MTB, he handles much better too and stops really well. Pics below.:becool:
DSCF7459.jpg

DSCF7460.jpg

Showing pretty Carbon pattern. The lacquer isn't lifting, it's the way that the camera flash caught it.
DSCF7461.jpg
Very nice..........I have a hankering for trying a cyclocross bike too and was looking on Planet X this morning :blush:

Top Bottom