New bike wanted: Cyclocross

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

PlanB

I'm impatient and I want my bike now !

I don't think I have ever ordered a bike and waited less than a month .... the latest had a 6 week lead time from order being put in at Bianchi.
I didn't mind as it inspired me to get fit on my old Cube to do the new bike justice when it landed.

OP
OP
F
Finally have the bike.

All ok except that the front derailleur will not move to the largest cog

Attachments

• 20170615_153840_HDR.jpg
    20170615_153840_HDR.jpg
    207.1 KB · Views: 90
  • 20170615_153906_HDR.jpg
    20170615_153906_HDR.jpg
    207 KB · Views: 83
  • 20170615_153916_HDR.jpg
    20170615_153916_HDR.jpg
    361.6 KB · Views: 116
  • 20170615_153927_HDR.jpg
    20170615_153927_HDR.jpg
    300.6 KB · Views: 96
  • 20170615_153939_HDR.jpg
    20170615_153939_HDR.jpg
    134.2 KB · Views: 83
  • 20170615_154010_HDR.jpg
    20170615_154010_HDR.jpg
    181.9 KB · Views: 103
OP
OP
F
Should only need a small adjustment on the FD. How is it to ride compared to your old bike?

Only had a 15 min ride. Took an allen key with me, and changed the height of the seat once. Should be fine now. I was a bit wobbly to begin with, but I gradually got used to the bike. I thought I went faster, but I'll see when I get my garmin attached to the handle bars.

When I move the lever, the derailleur only moves slightly. I messed around with the H and L screws, and it made a massive difference. I tried it on the road and it didn't budge. So I'll have to take another look at it today. I was thinking that maybe it's best to loosen the wire and start from scratch?

I'm unsure if I may need some spacers for them as I think I'm a little too low and I would like to be more relaxed. But I'll see how I get on for now.

I can now carry my bike with ease unlike the other. It's so LIGHT!

Edit: Gave the front derailleur another go but after 1.5 hours I've given it up as a bad job. Think I'll ask my next door neighbour.

Last edited:

Spiderweb

Not So Special One
Tried the derailleur again myself yesterday all ok now, a couple more tweaks and it'll be perfect.
Very nice looking bike.
You shouldn't really adjust the H&L screws on your front mech, they are set by the bike builder and in my experience never move by themselves. It is likely you just required a little more tension in the cable.
You won't be able to add anymore spacers to the headset, it is already set to maximum height. I would ride as is and I'm sure you'll get used to the unfamiliar riding position, if not a stem with a different angle could be used.

OP
OP
F
Only had a 15 min ride. Took an allen key with me, and changed the height of the seat once. Should be fine now. I was a bit wobbly to begin with, but I gradually got used to the bike. I thought I went faster, but I'll see when I get my garmin attached to the handle bars.

When I move the lever, the derailleur only moves slightly. I messed around with the H and L screws, and it made a massive difference. I tried it on the road and it didn't budge. So I'll have to take another look at it today. I was thinking that maybe it's best to loosen the wire and start from scratch?

I'm unsure if I may need some spacers for them as I think I'm a little too low and I would like to be more relaxed. But I'll see how I get on for now.

I can now carry my bike with ease unlike the other. It's so LIGHT!

Edit: Gave the front derailleur another go but after 1.5 hours I've given it up as a bad job. Think I'll ask my next door neighbour.

The only niggle I have with the bike is that the image on Ribble's website shows that the wheels are quick-release while mine are not.

Top Bottom