New bike wanted: Cyclocross

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
F
Sent Ribble an email about sizing and whether it's worth going in to the showroom to get the right size, and to get a bike fit, or to buy one what I think is the right size via their website.

Looks like I'll have to try and sell my current one because someone has given my sister his bike, and we don't want 3 bikes in the house. (I won't be able to sell it though because it's never been serviced and I used some nasty grease before I went away, now after coming back home the grease has been 'washed' out so now it's all over the wheel, so now I'll have to clean it off sometime lol)

KneesUp

Guru
Is there anything you fancy at Evans - you can get £75 off for trading in your old bike if you're spending up to £1k
https://www.evanscycles.com/bikes/cyclocross-bikes_c/adventure_road-discipline

OP
OP
F
Nearly at the stage where I'm wanting to place an order for the CX5.

Although I said that I would get the 34/50 chainset, I am considering it again. I'm unsure what would suit me best. I want to ride up hills with ease and not cycle at 4mph!
As I mentioned earlier, I'll be cycling on the road mostly, but will go off road now and then.

So it's either the 36/46 or the 34/50. Are they both compact cranks, or just the latter?
The bike will come with a 11-32 cassette.

I'm also considering doing one of the Bronte Mountain Bike Challange's in November. http://www.sueryder.org/get-involved/events/all-events/2017/september/bronte-mountain-bike-challenge

Last edited:
OP
OP
F
Gone with this setup if anyone is interested.

bike setup.jpg

PlanB

That is more than a half decent setup!

OP
OP
F
Bike has been 'In Picking' since I ordered it. Surely it doesn't take long to pick all of the compenents ready to be put together!

vickster

Legendary Member
Bike has been 'In Picking' since I ordered it. Surely it doesn't take long to pick all of the compenents ready to be put together!
I guess it'll take 10 days, did you not get an estimated delivery date ? Phone Ribble and ask. Picking may simply mean it's being prepared

Top Bottom