New bike - who to trust with it?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Pikey

Waiting for the turbo to kick in...
Firstly, went to see the finance dept at work today and got the c2w sorted on my new bike, just waiting for the voucher and I'm really rather :hyper:

It's a Planet X carbon tt jobby, my first carbon bike and I'm debating how to get this new beast home from sheffield.

Planet X will sort the delivery for free, but I saw that it was through yodel :eek:, and the thought of mixing their half arsed delivery ethic and my new carbon, plus their propensity to climb over parcels in the van, then leave them on the driveway fills me with dread.

I'm tempted to get up early, make the drive up there on a Saturday and pick it up myself.

What do you guys think? Am I being too precious about my new steed or are my concerns valid?

Anyone fancy a road trip?:laugh:

Supersuperleeds

Legendary Member
Get the train there and ride it back

chrisuren

Get the train up and have a look on google maps see if there is a small (10-15) miles you can ride fairly local to the store, that way if there is any little issues you'll be able to take it back to the shop and get it sorted, nothing worse than something breaking on your new bike and having to make 'the dreaded call' to come and get collected.

OP
OP
Pikey

Pikey

Waiting for the turbo to kick in...
If you go up there do they still do the free bike fit.

My wife loves letting me have 5 minutes in Planet X all she asks is 5 hours in Meadowhall by way of compensation.

Cheers @screenman, I didn't think about the fit. I'll give them a ring in he morning and see if they mind.

Plus I can get a bonus McDonald's breakfast on the way up! This clearly is a small slice of how the other half live.

screenman

Legendary Member
I feel it is a shop worth visiting, always a nice mix of gear to. Take a few Bob with you for any in shop bargains.

Globalti

Legendary Member
What are the terms of sale? If they are charging you for delivery then it's "delivered" and it's their job to get the goods delivered to you intact. If the goods get damaged it's their problem not yours.

Soltydog

Legendary Member
There's a direct rail service between Sheffield and Oxford if that's any help.
& a regular service from Sheffield to Rotherham :thumbsup:
The bike fit is not free, but half price if you buy a bike.
i was going to call & collect my bike from the store except they don't have them in stock at the shop, you have to order them & have them delivered to the shop?? So I just opted to have mine delivered home & it arrived unscathed via Yodel ^_^

pawl

Legendary Member
Firstly, went to see the finance dept at work today and got the c2w sorted on my new bike, just waiting for the voucher and I'm really rather :hyper:

It's a Planet X carbon tt jobby, my first carbon bike and I'm debating how to get this new beast home from sheffield.

Planet X will sort the delivery for free, but I saw that it was through yodel :eek:, and the thought of mixing their half arsed delivery ethic and my new carbon, plus their propensity to climb over parcels in the van, then leave them on the driveway fills me with dread.

I'm tempted to get up early, make the drive up there on a Saturday and pick it up myself.

What do you guys think? Am I being too precious about my new steed or are my concerns valid?

Anyone fancy a road trip?:laugh:
I had my Planet X bike delivered by Yodel.Dumped on the front lawn driver did not ring the front door bell.The bike should have been signed for.Complained to Planet X and I got the feeling that I am not the only customer.I have no problem with Planetx products.they are good value.I visited the shop as I was unsure about sizing and stem length.A bike was put on a turbo and placed in various positions saddle hight various riding positions and tempo.This wasn't a full blown bike fit.The bike fits me like a glove

Top Bottom