New bike; with engine!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Brandane

Legendary Member
Took my current motorbike in for an MOT today (it passed but with one or two potentially expensive "advisories"), then took it for a run in the sun to a nearby bike dealer. Proved to be a costly ride as I signed on the dotted line and traded it in for this beauty :smile::

2002_honda_vfr_800_cc_in_good_condition_melbourne_brunswick_west_vic_3055_7020121424742556706.jpg

The photo is not the actual bike, but it is identical. The colour is stunning in the flesh; a very deep purple/blue. It's a Honda VFR800, 2002 model. Looking forward to Saturday when it becomes mine!

Mo1959

Legendary Member
Took my current motorbike in for an MOT today (it passed but with one or two potentially expensive "advisories"), then took it for a run in the sun to a nearby bike dealer. Proved to be a costly ride as I signed on the dotted line and traded it in for this beauty :smile::

2002_honda_vfr_800_cc_in_good_condition_melbourne_brunswick_west_vic_3055_7020121424742556706.jpg

The photo is not the actual bike, but it is identical. The colour is stunning in the flesh; a very deep purple/blue. It's a Honda VFR800, 2002 model. Looking forward to Saturday when it becomes mine!
Not sure why I clicked like because these things scare me. Lol. As long as you are happy and enjoy it. Just don't come screaming past me at 90mph and make me jump out of my skin. :laugh:

Pat "5mph"

A kilogrammicaly challenged woman
As if I would risk scratching my nice purple paintwork to do that! If I want to run you off the road, I will do it in the company's time with one of these ;):

CPCDrivertraininghomepage1000x295.jpg
Arghhhhhhhhh!!!!!!!! A big bad mega lorry! Usually I turn round, smile and wave at the driver so he doesn't run me over on my wee bike :smile:

glasgowcyclist

Charming but somewhat feckless

Very nice, what bike did you trade in for it?

GC

To think, you could have had a Gold Star,or a Bonneville, or a Manx!!
Such a waste!

OP
OP
Brandane

Brandane

Legendary Member
Very nice, what bike did you trade in for it?

GC
A 2004 Honda CBF600S. A bike which I have to admit has never really grown on me, unlike many of it's predecessors. I actually went to the dealer today to look at a Yamaha Fazer 600, one of which I previously owned and loved. However the VFR caught my eye and that was that.

glasgowcyclist

Charming but somewhat feckless
A 2004 Honda CBF600S. A bike which I have to admit has never really grown on me, unlike many of it's predecessors. I actually went to the dealer today to look at a Yamaha Fazer 600, one of which I previously owned and loved. However the VFR caught my eye and that was that.

It was a Fazer I was hankering after when I ended up with my Bandit 600F. It was good but I always felt like I'd won second prize.

I'm sure there'll be plenty of grins with the VFR.

GC

Top Bottom