New Boardman Road Sport - Limited Edition

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Stormbringer

Regular
I fitted the Shimano brakes tonight on my Boardman .The front one will not allow the brake block low enough and its rubs on the tyre .I change it on to the Ribble and its fine .I ordered a bottom bracket for the Claris chain set its called a Octalink drives on an 8 spline system .All new to me !

Are the Mavic's on the Boardman not up to much then?

cyberknight

As long as I breathe, I attack.
Are the Mavic's on the Boardman not up to much then?
They are a decent enough "entry " set of wheels , fairly bomb proof but the cycling mags call them heavy ........ mind you there used to riding on bling .
IMHO ride them , for this price of bike they are good wheels and you wont get much better on anything else in this price range and i have seen them on £1000 bikes .
You can always upgrade them later if you want .

Eribiste

Careful with that axle Eugene
I bought a Boardman Road Race a year or so ago and it has been trouble free over the 2500 miles done so far. I don't know enough about hot-shot cycling to say whether the wheels are heavy or otherwise. All I can say is that everything on the bike is as purchased, except for the pedals and saddle and it has been exemplary. This bike and rider combination is not the fastest, but this probably lies more at the door of the motor more than any other component.

The whole lot goes up and over the Malverns at British Camp, and over the Cotswolds. It does need a stern talking too mind on these bits, and I seem to have to pedal hard, and a lot of people seem to go quicker, but frankly my dear..........

Robeh

Hi,

Was just having a little nose on Halfords and noticed this new limited edition 'Boardman Road Sport' at £599.

Have to admit to being very fond of Boardman Road bikes ( and white bikes in particular! ) so thought this looked very interesting.

http://www.halfords.com/webapp/wcs/...productId_1016236_langId_-1_categoryId_165710

What are peoples thoughts on this bike? I know Halfords are generally frowned upon but Boardman bikes are solid. Seems okay for the price although at this particular price point I think they could have opted for Sora over Claris, or is that just me being picky? The colour scheme is growing on me though. Couldn't find any information online beyond Halfords site so thought I would post here.

So, what are peoples opinions??
Quality bikes, I have the Boardman team 2012 wouldn't be without it.
as for the road sport excellent value and worth £599 IMO

Stormbringer

Regular
Wheels where ok just swapped them on to my Ribble frame The wheels I bought on eBay for the Ribble I had fitted conti Gator skins on so I thought I'd try them out .Brakes are ok as wheel ,I bought the Shimano brakes for the Ribble but tried them on the Boardman.

Finished the Ribble tonight ,feeling very please with myself having cabled up the gears and brakes and fitted the handle bar tape,Just a few adjustments then out for a test ride over the weekend.

S.Giles

I like the way they hid the brake cable in the frame and then painted a black line on it that looks just like a brake cable...

Top Bottom