New Carrera subwayE

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

matiz

Guru
Just ordered the new updated SubwayE,
Its uphill in every direction out of town so I've finally give in and opted for a bit of help it seems ok for the price £1099, hydraulic discs and 60nm , battery size is fine for what I need and Halfords is only round the corner of there's any problems ,arrives Sunday.

Drago

Legendary Member
I have one. I love it. A great ride, and a sensible spec with no fripperies.

OP
OP
matiz

matiz

Guru
@Drago ,I'm keeping myself busy making room in the stable for the new arrival ,I've just got back from getting the motor M.O.Td that can go soon it's only done 92 miles since the last one so living opposite the train station and having a ebike I should be able to manage fine.

Rusty Rocket

Youll find that the battery range is adversely affected by very cold westher, as it dies on all ebikes. This helps somewhat, and alo gives a little protection against the rain.

View: https://www.amazon.co.uk/M-Wave-Akku-Schutzh%C3%BClle-E-Protect/dp/B07HT566C8

I’ve heard this before (about batteries in general). I’m sure the answer is how long is a piece of string, but roughly how big is the impact on the battery? 5%? 50%? And is it power output or length of charge that’s affected?

Drago

Legendary Member
I’ve heard this before (about batteries in general). I’m sure the answer is how long is a piece of string, but roughly how big is the impact on the battery? 5%? 50%? And is it power output or length of charge that’s affected?
I couldn't say for sure as I've used my other bikes more in the colder weather, but i reckon in the order of 10 or 15%.

My old man is looking at getting the Carrera Subway e. Let us know how you all find it.

You can tell him from me to pull the trigger and go for it. For 1100 snifters it sits in a league of its own - far better than the cheaper stuff, and cheaper than comparavle stuff in the 13-1400 sheet price range.

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
I couldn't say for sure as I've used my other bikes more in the colder weather, but i reckon in the order of 10 or 15%.

You can tell him from me to pull the trigger and go for it. For 1100 snifters it sits in a league of its own - far better than the cheaper stuff, and cheaper than comparavle stuff in the 13-1400 sheet price range.

And I can get him £110 off with BC or via work !

Top Bottom