New Carrera subwayE

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
matiz

matiz

Guru
Just about keeping a grip @Drago although the gale force winds and sandstorms on the front are helping keeping my mind off a test ride.

Drago

Legendary Member
How can you show such restraint on NBD?!

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
If my old man goes for one, I'll put it together. He may need the womens as he has quite short legs ! 14" frame might be better than the 16" for him as my MTB's are 17" and I'm a fair bit taller !

OP
OP
matiz

matiz

Guru
If my old man goes for one, I'll put it together. He may need the womens as he has quite short legs ! 14" frame might be better than the 16" for him as my MTB's are 17" and I'm a fair bit taller !

I wanted them to put it together so if there is anything wrong they can't blame me ,but I will give it a good checking over when I get it home ,

fossyant

He's keen to 'press the button' so I'll meet him there - he didn't know Halfords were still open. I at least need to judge it for size with him. It will be ideal - he's OK with the 30 year old Emmelle MTB, but the wind at the caravan can be hard work - he plans on riding it with no assist, then putting assist on along the sea front when needed. For somoeone who only cycles occasionally (only at our caravans in Wales) he can keep up with my sister and BIL who are 40's.. I think he'll pop out on his own with an e-bike !

fossyant

I wanted them to put it together so if there is anything wrong they can't blame me ,but I will give it a good checking over when I get it home ,

That's fine. I had to sign disclaimers when I've taken my kids bikes etc. But I've got many years experience building bikes.

Worth it though being an e-bike and the longer warrenty you get. It's a bargain for £1,100. My sister has a nice ladies Subway - had it over 5 years now. (non-ebike).

OP
OP
matiz

matiz

Guru
Just picked it up they forgot to ring me yesterday,rode it home on eco it seems very smooth and the brakes are impressive I'm going to adjust the saddleheight fit the rack off my Boardman hybrid read the manual and then off for a test ride, it doesn't seem as heavy as I was expecting either.

Drago

Legendary Member
Mine is the large size and with my own seat, mudguards and spuds it weighs a fraction under 18kg ready to ride, which is pretty dedent for any ebike, never mind a cheapish one.

I confidently predict that youll love it. The best value, no nonsense, sensible spec, decent riding ebike on sale today.

Top Bottom