New Carrera subwayE

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
matiz

matiz

Guru
Just back from a quick 10 mile test ride including a couple of steep hills I'm very impressed it just breezed round with minimum effort once I had found the sweet spot at 15/16 mph and just flicked up and down the gears hydraulic discs are a step up from the mechanical ones on my hybrid ,the tyres gripped well along the sand covered seafront road the only minor thing was the bars are a bit wider than I'm used to but that's no Biggie.

Drago

Legendary Member
Indeed, just below the motor cut out point is the sweet spot on these.

The tyres are very good in all conditions on the road, and the handling is just on the lively side of stable. Fast descents with a few curves chucked in ate a joy on these bikes, and for budget hydros the brakes do an excellent job.

My only gripe on the entire bike is the Altus rear mech. Both parellelogram plates are plastic, and there is just enough flex to make shifting a little imprecise. I swapped it out for an Acera mech, nothing flash, but the difference is profound.

Other than that very tiny niggle I couldn't find fault. It's little wonder the moment Halfords get a batch they're straight out the door.

Top Bottom