New Forums Part II

• Thread starter Deleted member 26715
  • Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
I fail to see how comments about mother-in-laws are sexist, unless you are suggesting that only men have mother-in-laws.

That poster is always banging on about one ism or another, best ignored really.

U

User482

Gosh sent to the naughty step by Mr User482.....

Anyway sir, I’ve now reflected on my behaviour and can conclude the glaringly obvious as follows.....

1. Get more mods
2. Be less obnoxious

Now can I have my phone back please sir?
Ha! That wasn't my intention at all.

That poster is always banging on about one ism or another, best ignored really.
@Shaun - can you see why at least some women might feel that the forum is sometimes hostile to women? Challenge behaviours or attitudes that you perceive as casual sexism and have that challenge dismissed as 'banging on' and other members told to ignore you. 'Calm down, dear' in action.

I get enough of that nonsense in the Big Blue Room.

Threevok

Growing old disgracefully
I think the problem is what it was comparing that category of female relatives to.

I was comparing my own, not generalizing.

Do you have any views on the main topic of this thread?

I thought that touched on the main topic of this thread

Do you really think that was a helpful contribution?

It wasn’t intended to be helpful, no.

[QUOTE 5052982, member: 10119"]@Shaun - can you see why at least some women might feel that the forum is sometimes hostile to women? Challenge behaviours or attitudes that you perceive as casual sexism and have that challenge dismissed as 'banging on' and other members told to ignore you. 'Calm down, dear' in action.

I get enough of that nonsense in the Big Blue Room.[/QUOTE]

Not sure if your point is addressed to me or to Shaun.

So, reducing this to its core essentials, if a person has an issue you can disregard it because they have an issue.

Are you asking me or telling me?

U

User32269

[QUOTE 5053052, member: 10119"]While I agree that avoiding derailment would be good, did I not read in Teh Roolz that we shouldn't bandy the T word around?[/QUOTE]
Sorry. Fair play.
My last contribution is to admit that I effectively trolled the politics forum when I became annoyed at what I perceived as ganging up and stopping debate. I joined this forum because I like bikes! I regret arguing with strangers on the Internet.
I genuinely enjoy chatting nonsense and bike stuff here, I chose to self exclude myself from political sub forum. I apologise for my behaviour in that sub forum, as I recognise that I am quick to criticise others, but my contribution was apalling at times I felt frustrated.
I hope cc carries on and grows.

SteveF

Sorry. Fair play.
My last contribution is to admit that I effectively trolled the politics forum when I became annoyed at what I perceived as ganging up and stopping debate. I joined this forum because I like bikes! I regret arguing with strangers on the Internet.
I genuinely enjoy chatting nonsense and bike stuff here, I chose to self exclude myself from political sub forum. I apologise for my behaviour in that sub forum, as I recognise that I am quick to criticise others, but my contribution was apalling at times I felt frustrated.
I hope cc carries on and grows.

There would probably be a lot less friction if more people did more self reflection... :okay:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom