New Forums Part II

• Thread starter Deleted member 26715
  • Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Not a lot of love for the mods? I am (believe it or not) a mod on a (football) forum, the politics sub section is a nightmare, it takes up so much time trying to keep the peace and all the time, you just want to enjoy the forum yourself, but cannot.
Are they also #notbehavinglikeadults?

Pale Rider

Legendary Member
Not a lot of love for the mods? I am (believe it or not) a mod on a (football) forum, the politics sub section is a nightmare, it takes up so much time trying to keep the peace and all the time, you just want to enjoy the forum yourself, but cannot.

I bet your opposite numbers on the Celtic and Rangers forums have an even livelier time of it.

Last edited:

Fab Foodie

hanging-on in quiet desperation ...
So here’s a dumb idea.
Let Political threads be debated on CC main board. If we can find a way of defining when a thread is becoming nothing more than personal point scoring, then banish is to P&D. Then if it’s that important the protagonists they continue mud-slinging there.
Hopefully some peer pressure might pursuade the snipers to desist before the enforced move.
Niaive I know, but I play the part well.

classic33

Leg End Member
the other forum is rubbish and destined to fail, PD is the only one of the new forums that has no link to support CC plus you can't access P.D from the walk or run forums, that tells me shaun wants it to fail, the less said about the moderation as its been fairly dire so far.
I tried to get a similar feel to here but you can't as theres nobody there.
I believe this talk of lets wait and see, is just to placate those annoyed with the change and the wait has no end and after a few months, shaun hopes that everyone will get used to the new CC and that will be that, with the odd political thread to stop any dissenters from raising their voices.
The on-site support link is for the site it's on, not CycleChat.

So here’s a dumb idea.
Let Political threads be debated on CC main board. If we can find a way of defining when a thread is becoming nothing more than personal point scoring, then banish is to P&D. Then if it’s that important the protagonists they continue mud-slinging there.
Hopefully some peer pressure might pursuade the snipers to desist before the enforced move.
Niaive I know, but I play the part well.
Politics is gone. People need to move on and accept that; that is not to say that sexism/racism cannot be called out where it is posted in whatever part of the forum.

P&L and the various incarnations have, for many years, caused problems. I find it hard that people cannot see this.

Politics is gone. People need to move on and accept that; that is not to say that sexism/racism cannot be called out where it is posted in whatever part of the forum.

P&L and the various incarnations have, for many years, caused problems. I find it hard that people cannot see this.
Except, as has already been said, most topics/subjects will have some political element. Stipulating a broad 'no politics' rule smothers every single topic and leaves rather uninteresting and unengaging fragments.

subaqua

What’s the point
Except, as has already been said, most topics/subjects will have some political element. Stipulating a broad 'no politics' rule smothers every single topic and leaves rather uninteresting and unengaging fragments.

Pretty much like the advert for making sure you could vote

“ nah I don’t do politics”

Really . You sure you don’t ....

"Most"??? I would say some do, but the former sub-forum is dead and those who are now bemoaning it's demise need to look at the part they played in it.

I can't see any evidence of the majority of forum member's not carrying on with topics and new threads.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom