new job; what should i do?

should i serve notice now?

• yes

Votes: 1 3.6%
  • no, wait for the checks

Votes: 27 96.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

alecstilleyedye

nothing in moderation
i've been offered a new job and am keen to start. the offer is subject to a bpss check, which i have no reason to worry about.

do i start the ball rolling and give notice to current job or wait potentially a week or more until the checks are cleared?

Wait.
Many a slip.....

Def wait, had colleagues who handed notice in awaiting Security Clearance and slip ups and other stuff have led to problems. None had any reason to worry either. Result, no job

well the new starter form asks for passport and mine's run out, so there's one possible banana skin...
If it’s just for ID purpose then should be ok with other forms of proof. If it’s a prerequisite of the job then could be a bit different. I have 2 UK passports and one expires April and needs renewing which is a pain at minute with everything closed. You can submit an online photo though.

OP
OP
alecstilleyedye

alecstilleyedye

nothing in moderation
If it’s just for ID purpose then should be ok with other forms of proof. If it’s a prerequisite of the job then could be a bit different. I have 2 UK passports and one expires April and needs renewing which is a pain at minute with everything closed. You can submit an online photo though.
that's what i did. field was mandatory so what if i never had one?

that's what i did. field was mandatory so what if i never had one?
If it’s not a requirement of the job, for travel, then probably as old hippy says and just for ID purpose. Unless it says a valid in date passport number required then just put the expired one down. As you say, what if you never had one . Congrats on the new job by the way. Sorry should have said that at the beginning and congrats to @Oldhippy too
I have an out of date passport that I carry along with valid passport because it has a valid U.S visa in it that has another 2 years to run. They still check the expired passport with the visa in as well as the current one I carry that’s valid. So must be able to verify stuff with t still despite been expired

Top Bottom