New job?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

col

Legendary Member
Well,im actually doing something about it,the directorate of nursing ,in my local nhs hospital phoned me the other day.It seems my old sister from the ward i worked on 12 years ago,had spoken to her about me,as i had asked her about any permanent vacancies,she said as soon as one comes up,she will let me know,as she wants me back,but the climate is bad for permanent,it only seems temp at the mo.Anyway i digress,Im applying for the bank,and hopefully,she told me on the phone,that if im lucky i would get an interview this month,if all the slots are not full,if i miss this time,it could be a while.Im very excited about this,as another sister,who i used to work with,has already said,to let her know when im on the bank,as she will get me straight on her ward,for a few shifts a week.As you may have guessed,i cant wait,i wish i hadnt left in the first place all those years ago.Im on tenterhooks waiting for the application pack coming through the post now,i want to get it back as soon as poss.;)

longers

Legendary Member
Good luck Col ;).

OP
OP
col

col

Legendary Member
Thanks guys,im like a kid at christmas at the moment,cant settle at all,i just hope i can get into the interview slot.

OP
OP
col

col

Legendary Member
longers said:
The quickest way to get the form back in would be to cycle it round there.

Funny you say that,im hoping it comes tomorrow when i get in at about four,it will be on their intray at five;)
Thanks for the tip,ASED:smile:

Arch

Married to Night Train
Good luck col. Smarting from my first failure to get a job, (beaten by someone with better IT skills, but they said I interviewed well) I know what the anticipation is like, and I've got my fingers crossed for you.

TheDoctor

Europe Endless
Arch said:
Good luck col. Smarting from my first failure to get a job, (beaten by someone with better IT skills, but they said I interviewed well) I know what the anticipation is like, and I've got my fingers crossed for you.

Unlucky Arch.:ohmy:
Hope the next one goes better.:biggrin:
*stops hijacking thread*

Best of luck col.

OP
OP
col

col

Legendary Member
Thanks The Doctor,sorry to hear it Arch,im sure you will get what you want.I recieved the application pack,what a size,iv missed getting it in today,so monday it is,but the strange thing is,there is info on the pension,a letter saying get these straight back,but another letter saying the things dont need to be in until an offer of a job is made,also a welcome to the trust letter too?And birth certificate,marriage or passport are needed to get your wage account set up.not sure what to make of it?A little confusing.Ah well,ill get the application in,and take it from there.

OP
OP
col

col

Legendary Member
Well good news all,im on an induction next week,once thats done,ill only have to wait for the police check to come back,which it will,i had one done for this job,dealing with kids.So im

over the moon,and cant wait
yaaahoooo
:blush:

Top Bottom