New job?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
col

col

Legendary Member
marinyork said:
Excellent. Hope you enjoy working in the NHS again, I find it a very supportive environment.

Im sure i will Marinyork,they seem to have everything we need ,to helps us perform dont they?

Arch

Married to Night Train
Ooh, well done Col. Could you rub my arm a bit, so some of your luck rubs off?

(That said, I am sitting at my new desk for my one day a week job as <drum roll> Editorial Assistant on Velovision. I've spent the day converting old quark files to pdfs, I feel terribly clever, although it's trained monkey stuff really. And I've made tea once.)

Speicher

Vice Admiral
Arch said:

(That said, I am sitting at my new desk for my one day a week job as <drum roll> Editorial Assistant on Velovision. I've spent the day converting old quark files to pdfs, I feel terribly clever, although it's trained monkey stuff really. And I've made tea once.)

I have read a few copies of Velovision. I understood he was editing and producing this on his own. If the magazine is expanding, then perhaps at some time in the future you might be invited to increase your hours. I hope you enjoy your new job, and any others you might start soon.
Do Velovision still do their "Recycled" calandar, one that you can use this year and then keep it for sixteen years and use again. I looked for it on the website in December and could not find it. When I found another calendar with pictures of Aurora Borealis, the recycled one got overlooked.;) Good luck in your new job. BTW have you heard the expression "drilling for elephants"?

OP
OP
col

col

Legendary Member
Arch said:

Thanks Arch.And im rubbing away;):wacko:

OP
OP
col

col

Legendary Member
Just an update,i sorted my three induction days next week ,with luie days owing,and the top super was being a little awkward to say the least,so i spoke to another this morning,job done,all ready for the off now.:wacko:

Arch

Married to Night Train
Speicher said:
I have read a few copies of Velovision. I understood he was editing and producing this on his own. If the magazine is expanding, then perhaps at some time in the future you might be invited to increase your hours. I hope you enjoy your new job, and any others you might start soon.
Do Velovision still do their "Recycled" calandar, one that you can use this year and then keep it for sixteen years and use again. I looked for it on the website in December and could not find it. When I found another calendar with pictures of Aurora Borealis, the recycled one got overlooked.:becool: Good luck in your new job. BTW have you heard the expression "drilling for elephants"?

He was, and now he has an assistant... ME! I'll ask him about the calendars, and PM you. I thought it was on the website somewhere....

Drilling for elephants? No, that's a new one on me...

Arch

Married to Night Train
A quick look at the VV website, and I see "2008 Cycle & Recycle Calendars are here! Order now". at the top, with a link to click to take you to the shop:

http://www.velovision.com/index.html

Pete says he'll hunt out some pics.... Ok, here's a link to their sample pages...

http://www.ibike.org/calendar/2008/2008.htm

You realise, I'm working in my lunchbreak doing this;)

Still, it's very welcome to have a bit of a job to have a lunchbreak from...:becool:

Any help?

OP
OP
col

col

Legendary Member
Just an update,i passed my medical yeasterday,just had a call to tell me im in for monday now,so after a little mix up with the order,its all happening on monday,the other two days are not certain yet,but i will be told on monday what they are.Yahoo cant wait now.:smile:

OP
OP
col

col

Legendary Member
Ta very much,wagon wheels are good too,not as big as i remember ,but still very moreish:biggrin:

TheDoctor

Europe Endless
Arch said:

Glad the job's going well. I must try to get a new one myself. The job itself is fine:smile:, but the commute is awful:sad:.

OP
OP
col

col

Legendary Member
User76 said:
Just noticed this thread Col, really well done.

Our local trust has just ditched the "bank", and we all have to register with NHS professionals. They should be renamed NHS Bunch of Useless Tossers. About 8 of us in the room, first question, can we have your passport photos? None of us had passport photos as they were not on the list of things to bring. "Oh, we thought it would be obvious you had to bring photos" came the reply:rolleyes:

Thanks,iv been lucky there,it was on the list of what to bring,so my passport is in with everything else,otherwise it would have been the last thing i would have thought about taking too.Mmm youve got me thinking now,ill take a couple of passport size pics,just in case.:sad::smile:

Top Bottom