New Road Bike

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Bicycle

OK. First little trip. Initial reactions. My gods the bars are narrow. The brakes are not as good as disk brakes. Rolls wonderfully and gear changing is smooth. Saddle is as good as the one on my MTB :smile: Riding on the hoods seems optimal if I am not worried about changing gear, the flats are the easiest position for me at the moment. Will take some getting used to but I am very happy with it :smile:

Excellent! Well done.

I abandoned road bikes for years and my reactions on my return were not unlike yours.

Lovely bike; looks good for the money.

Get some good old road-bike pressure into those tyres and enjoy the thing. It will feel very directionally unstable after an MTB.... but very soon that will feel just right.

Congrats!

OP
OP
A

Angelfishsolo

A Velocipedian
Excellent! Well done.

I abandoned road bikes for years and my reactions on my return were not unlike yours.

Lovely bike; looks good for the money.

Get some good old road-bike pressure into those tyres and enjoy the thing. It will feel very directionally unstable after an MTB.... but very soon that will feel just right.

Congrats!
So glad you felt the same way. Also pleased you like its looks. I have 110Psi in both at the mo. Will tweak as I go along :smile:

JonnyBlade

Live to Ride
My first road bike was a Raleigh Pursuit...... upgraded the shifters to flightdeck, wheels, derailleurs to 105's, brakes upgraded, handlebars to 40s, crank set etc ............... all Ebay purchases at a good price and I had great fun building a bike that suited me perfectly.

Never underestimate the pleasure of building a bike
thumbsup.png

Willo

Looks like you got yourself a nice bike, looks good. As for the tyres, as someone has already said they are the right size - just keep 'em pumped up (not sure what tyres came on the back but stock tyres can be a bit flimsy). As for lycra, get yourself kitted out and pretend you're Tommy Voekler, that bike deserves a rider in all the clobber :smile:

OP
OP
A

Angelfishsolo

A Velocipedian
My first road bike was a Raleigh Pursuit...... upgraded the shifters to flightdeck, wheels, derailleurs to 105's, brakes upgraded, handlebars to 40s, crank set etc ............... all Ebay purchases at a good price and I had great fun building a bike that suited me perfectly.

Never underestimate the pleasure of building a bike
thumbsup.png
I pretty much rebuilt my old Apollo Kaos and yes it was a great experience :smile:

OP
OP
A

Angelfishsolo

A Velocipedian
Looks like you got yourself a nice bike, looks good. As for the tyres, as someone has already said they are the right size - just keep 'em pumped up (not sure what tyres came on the back but stock tyres can be a bit flimsy). As for lycra, get yourself kitted out and pretend you're Tommy Voekler, that bike deserves a rider in all the clobber :smile:
It came with Kenda Koncepts I believe. Am running them at 110psi.
New pedals first A520's then a toss up between tyres or lycra :biggrin:

Top Bottom