New Smart USB lights

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
I saw this being mentionned on another board but no one appeared to have laid eyes on one.

http://www.chainreactioncycles.com/smart-bl-185-700l-front-light/rp-prod123967

The package in terms of price, output and run times looks good. But, is it made of cheese? And is the beam shape suitable for on the road? Has anyone handled one of these and can offer up any words of wisdom?

Thanks

And no, before you suggest it, I don't want a T6 or similar ;)

Last edited:

Arjimlad

Tights of Cydonia
I think Smart lights are generally well-made. That looks like a worthy alternative to the Moon XP300/500 etc.. similar in build.

Worth a punt at that price ? I would if I was in the market for something like that.

shouldbeinbed

Rollin' along
The cateye volt 700 is £95. Looks blooming good as a light and the volt 300 is my best light by some way but £95!!!!

I am tempted to check the smart 700 out and see how it actually does light up total darkness.

I have a smart lunar 25 that is still going strong after several years routine use.

benb

Evidence based cyclist
The cateye volt 700 is £95. Looks blooming good as a light and the volt 300 is my best light by some way but £95!!!!

I am tempted to check the smart 700 out and see how it actually does light up total darkness.

I have a smart lunar 25 that is still going strong after several years routine use.

I don't know who wrote the spec!
"Let us make luminance up to 100 meters"

Yes, lets!

potsy

Rambler
Looked at them a few weeks ago and would definitely give one a go if I was in the market for another light, sadly I have way too many already ^_^
Maybe @wanda2010 could buy one and let us know how they are :whistle:

wanda2010

Guru
Stop stirring you
:-)

I have more than enough lights so I have no problems restraining myself. For the time being.

Looked at them a few weeks ago and would definitely give one a go if I was in the market for another light, sadly I have way too many already ^_^
Maybe @wanda2010 could buy one and let us know how they are :whistle:

Scotty1991

Top Bottom