New Smart USB lights

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Ah.

Maybe invest in the hope vision 1 then - it would also be good for country forays.

Good price at the mo online from ribble cycles.

The rapid 3's are excellent be seen lights but not to see by.

I wouldn't use them on constant as i said - restricted battery run time.

As an alternative to the hope vision 1 perhaps smart lunar 60.

Also from ribble at the mo on a very good discount.

And other smart lights use the same mount, allowing rapid swap over if the batteries die mid ride. Nice lights, easy battery change.

Sorry can't post a link at the mo but google ribble cycles co uk and you will find both lights.

All the best

Last edited:

albion

Guru
http://www.halfords.com/cycling/accessories/lights-reflectors/rechargeable-bike-lights

Can't go wrong at that current £16 price. They look Lezyne Macro drive copies with reviews saying similar light output.

Lilliburlero

Pro sandbagger
I've reserved some of those £16 Halfords lights...worth a punt at that price

Lets us know how they perform please, JoeyB :thumbsup:

I`v got the Lezyne Micro Drive (£30 for the set off ebay) and they are very impressive, especially the rear, very bright. If the Halfords set are anywhere near as good as these then you`re on a winner. Might get a set for the mrs and compare them myself.

Lilliburlero

Pro sandbagger
Standing in Halfords waiting for them to find my lights... Not confident lol

Didnt you phone them up first to make sure they had them in? :tongue:

Got mine. First impressions - Front light is longer in length than the LMD but doesnt seem to be to far off it concerning brightness. Rear is the same size as its LMD counterpart but maybe bangs out a little bit less light, not that much though. These are first impressions and my research is in its infancy, I`v only had the chance to point them at the mrs and flash them in my eyes :biggrin:. I`m obviously going to have to take them both out for a test.

For £16 they look a cracking bargain.

Now back to the laboratory :crazy:

JoeyB

Go on, tilt your head!
Didnt you phone them up first to make sure they had them in? :tongue:

Well I relied on the Reserve Instore feature but that clearly doesn't accurately reflect actual stock levels. Luckily I reserved in two different stores so I'll try the other one tomorrow.

the_mikey

Legendary Member
All of my lights are USB chargeable, never had a problem with them, no waste, no mountains of exhausted AA/AAA cells waiting to be recycled, no messing with Ni-Mh chargers. I currently get about 8 hours of riding a week between charges, I don't need to use the high power mode very often (RSP RX480) and it can be charged with any USB a-type to mini USB cable.

albion

Guru
Is there any technical data with them, such as charge rate, internal capacity etc?
I've also reserved some, mainly in the hope the rear is brighter than my Smart R2 2x0.5w (for use on sunny, main road days)

BTW re Halfords reservations, seems best to wait a day, they normally will ring after picking if there is any stock problem.

BTW re Halfords reservations, seems best to wait a day, they normally will ring after picking if there is any stock problem.[/SIZE]

I think you are supposed to wait until they contact you anyway aren't you to let you know that the stuff is there?

I had a phone call the other day about something.

The Halfords system works very well in my experience.

the_mikey

Legendary Member
How long have you had them?

Any sign of the batteries degrading/losing capacity/degrading ratio of charging to usage?

Not that I've noticed, I'm riding through my 3rd winter with these lights, which is unprecedented as most lights I've tried previously have either failed mechanically, or the handle bar mount has failed or the battery has degraded significantly.

the_mikey

Legendary Member
Not that I've noticed, I'm riding through my 3rd winter with these lights, which is unprecedented as most lights I've tried previously have either failed mechanically, or the handle bar mount has failed or the battery has degraded significantly.

Update: one of the RSP RX480's now has a bad switch, so I will be looking for a replacement for it at some point this year.

Top Bottom