New Strava Account.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Boon 51

Veteran
I have a Strava account and used it up till I broke my hip in a bike accident 4 months ago and in a months time I hope to get back on my bikes again but I will be starting from scratch so my first mile will be my first mile. so can I have another name on Strava I will I have to delete my account and start another one.

Any ideas..

S-Express

Why not just keep the same one? Presumably you are still the same person? I had a strava account for a year before I logged any rides on it.

I have a friend who didn't want to compare anything record wise to a pre accident self so set up a new account to track their post accident recovery only. You'll need to register the new account to a different email address, if you want to keep your old account. Or delete it if you want to use the same email address.

Mo1959

Legendary Member
Yes. As HLab says above. After I broke my collar bone badly, I never seemed to recover my old form, maybe due to exacerbating back problems in the crash too. I am now a good 2 to 3mph slower average and was finding it frustrating comparing so set up a new account. I deleted my old rides since I don't want to be reminded how fast I did certain segments, etc. I now find I am more relaxed about my cycling.

OP
OP
Boon 51

Boon 51

Veteran
I have a friend who didn't want to compare anything record wise to a pre accident self so set up a new account to track their post accident recovery only. You'll need to register the new account to a different email address, if you want to keep your old account. Or delete it if you want to use the same email address.

Ta mate.. it would be nice to keep the older stuff but I might want to compare all the time which ain't a good move for me.. :smile:

Last edited:
OP
OP
Boon 51

Boon 51

Veteran
Yes. As HLab says above. After I broke my collar bone badly, I never seemed to recover my old form, maybe due to exacerbating back problems in the crash too. I am now a good 2 to 3mph slower average and was finding it frustrating comparing so set up a new account. I deleted my old rides since I don't want to be reminded how fast I did certain segments, etc. I now find I am more relaxed about my cycling.

That's about where I am Mo.. with all the best will in the world I can't see me doing the same times as before and as you say I don't want to compare all the time. :smile:

I doubt it. If you've got Garmin autosync'ing to Strava you'll just have to change its setting so its autosyncs with the new account and won't need to change the GC email. If you upload directly from you're garmin its a separate thing entirely from Garmin Connect and you definitely won't need too.

OP
OP
Boon 51

Boon 51

Veteran
I doubt it. If you've got Garmin autosync'ing to Strava you'll just have to change its setting so its autosyncs with the new account and won't need to change the GC email. If you upload directly from you're garmin its a separate thing entirely from Garmin Connect and you definitely won't need too.

In my old set up the Garmin sends the recorded ride to Strava as soon as the download has finished.. so it should be OK then..
Cheers

Top Bottom