New to padded shorts

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Bazzer

Setting the controls for the heart of the sun.
Follow washing instructions.
Don't wear underwear with them
Wash after a long ride
You might need to use sudocreme to ease or prevent sweat rashes.
I'm sure others will shortly be along with other suggestions.

OP
OP
Spud Murphy

Spud Murphy

Yes indeed... once i know they will suit me as i am some what of an unusual shape. i have always worn normal shorts but am now finding i suffer from achey ball syndrom even when driving my car for more than an hour. Please keep the suggestions coming.

vickster

Legendary Member
Many thanks Welsh Dragon. Someone suggested i use talc to help put them on. Does anyone else do this?
No, that's for putting on new tyres!

Non bio washing liquid, 30 or 40deg, no fabric softener, hang out to dry. Do not put in tumble dryer unless teddy needs new cycling shorts!

Bazzer

Setting the controls for the heart of the sun.
Can't say I have ever thought about talc, or indeed found it necessary. A dry suit in one of my other pastimes, but the seals on that are way tighter than my cycling shorts and made of neoprene not lycra ^_^

jay clock

Massive member
Your cycle shorts should pull on like any other pants or shorts, no lubricant required. For comfort and protection from sweat rash or saddle sores whilst riding use this, http://www.chainreactioncycles.com/...gclid=CPPht_CjxM4CFaIV0wod248P_g&gclsrc=aw.ds
I can vouch for the benefits of using a good chamois cream. Always apply the cream to your skin (buttocks & groin) not the shorts.
I apply to the shorts when doing a long triathlon with a full kit change.. Otherwise I agree with applying to the Barse

Top Bottom