New to padded shorts

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

e-rider

crappy member
Bought a cheapish £15-20 quid padded shorts and felt some improvement whilst training for hard (for me) ride, always had discomfort after about 30mile or so but just thought that's part of the deal....last week, took a chance on some £60 quidish bib shorts from castelli

This weekend did a near 70miler (1st sportive) and had no discomfort at all, during or after the ride. I was dreading the usual discomfort, but none - nothing, well..not from that area anyway.

my point is, maybe don't persevere too long if the gear you get is uncomfortable, maybe try other stuff ££££££'s argghhh!
cheap shorts can be torture and sometimes worse than no padded shorts at all - Assos shorts and creme are worth the extra £££ IME

AnthonyC

Regular
cheap shorts can be torture and sometimes worse than no padded shorts at all - Assos shorts and creme are worth the extra £££ IME

Fully agree. I'd say that by far the most important investment in cycle clothing is a decent pair of (bib)shorts or tights with a high quality chamois. It'll help you a lot in preventing sores, and even potentially injuries from sitting in a bad position on your saddle in an attempt to prevent / avoid sore areas.

Top Bottom