New Tyres

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Pale Rider

Legendary Member
I have ripped my tyres of my old mtb because they are knackered and are wanting to get some new ones.
My MTB is trax, 24inch wheels, and wondering whether i would have to get trax tyres or whether i could get a different make of tyres but same size.

Anyone help me please
Thanks

If you have actually ripped the tyre then you need something tough.

About the toughest is Schwalbe Marathon Plus, but they are not available in a 24" MTB version.

There is a Marathon Plus 24" with a shallow tread, good for cycle tracks and gravel, but not so clever for deep mud and rocky trails.

Schwalbe do make their Rocket Ron MTB tyre in 24".

Most of the versions have good puncture and wear ratings, but you might want to avoid the Liteskin one.

You will probably have to order the tyre and wait for it because 24" is not a popular size.

https://www.schwalbe.com/en/mtb-reader/rocket-ron

OP
OP
MonsterEnergy

MonsterEnergy

If you have actually ripped the tyre then you need something tough.

About the toughest is Schwalbe Marathon Plus, but they are not available in a 24" MTB version.

There is a Marathon Plus 24" with a shallow tread, good for cycle tracks and gravel, but not so clever for deep mud and rocky trails.

Schwalbe do make their Rocket Ron MTB tyre in 24".

Most of the versions have good puncture and wear ratings, but you might want to avoid the Liteskin one.

You will probably have to order the tyre and wait for it because 24" is not a popular size.

https://www.schwalbe.com/en/mtb-reader/rocket-ron
yeah but want im saying is would i have to order the same make of tyre as my bike or not?

Pale Rider

Legendary Member
yeah but want im saying is would i have to order the same make of tyre as my bike or not?

No, any tyre of the correct size will fit.

The tyres you have are probably original equipment, so it may be you couldn't buy a pair retail even if you wanted to.

Pale Rider

Legendary Member

If you are still unsure, it might be better if you engage the services of your local bike shop.

It may be simpler to do that anyway, because 24" is not a popular size so may not be stocked by the big online discount retailers.

OP
OP
MonsterEnergy

MonsterEnergy

If you are still unsure, it might be better if you engage the services of your local bike shop.

It may be simpler to do that anyway, because 24" is not a popular size so may not be stocked by the big online discount retailers.
im not sure where my local bike shop is?

Pale Rider

Legendary Member
im not sure where my local bike shop is?

Post your rough location and someone will give you a couple to try.

Top Bottom