New Tyres

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
I have ripped my tyres of my old mtb because they are knackered and are wanting to get some new ones.
My MTB is trax, 24inch wheels, and wondering whether i would have to get trax tyres or whether i could get a different make of tyres but same size.

Anyone help me please
Thanks

I would have thought there was still quite a lot in the way of 24" mtb tyres around. For example, go herre:
https://www.schwalbe.com/en/reifensuche and select type mtb size inch 24, and look at the choice - nine tyres. And that's just one company. Lots more.

Last edited:
OP
OP
MonsterEnergy

MonsterEnergy

Same size would be fine
okay thx
Could i also get tubeless tires or would i have to just stick to the one that came with my bike
For tubeless, is it just the tyre over the rim?

OP
OP
MonsterEnergy

MonsterEnergy

Hi
does it feel different to go from tube tyres to tubeless?
Also, when u put slime in the tyres, what happens if u ever get a puncture or flat tyre one day?

Spiderweb

Not So Special One
Your bike will not have tubeless ready rims so you won’t be able to run tubeless tyres. It’s all a bit of a messy faff if you ask me, I’m happy sticking with inner tubes.
With regard to slime, the slime should almost immediately seal a hole, a small amount of pressure may be lost.

How do i find my local shop. Search Bike shops near me?
Looks like there is a few more since I lived in Edinburgh :okay:

OP
OP
MonsterEnergy

MonsterEnergy

Your bike will not have tubeless ready rims so you won’t be able to run tubeless tyres. It’s all a bit of a messy faff if you ask me, I’m happy sticking with inner tubes.
With regard to slime, the slime should almost immediately seal a hole, a small amount of pressure may be lost.
but could i get a rim that i could run tubeless on, and how much would they likely to be?

OP
OP
MonsterEnergy

MonsterEnergy

but could i get a rim that i could do tubeless on

Top Bottom