New Tyres :-)

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
After just under 10,400 miles, I've finally got a new rear tyre (a Conti Grand Prix 24mm) buying two meant I got a big discount. The front has only done 2600 miles (a 22mm) is still going strong according to the wear markers do you think 22mm to 24mm will make much of a difference in handling, given its winter or should I keep it till the new year. I like dilemmas like this :rolleyes:

BSRU

A Human Being
After just under 10,400 miles, I've finally got a new rear tyre (a Conti Grand Prix 24mm) buying two meant I got a big discount. The front has only done 2600 miles (a 22mm) is still going strong according to the wear markers do you think 22mm to 24mm will make much of a difference in handling, given its winter or should I keep it till the new year. I like dilemmas like this :rolleyes:

Are you Jenson Button?:tongue:

I've had a gatorskin 32 on the front since I fitted dynohub wheel with a schwalbe durano+ 23 on the rear. An increased rim width at the front meant getting a 23 on it wasn't really going to happen and it made snow tyres a practical proposition.

I still haven't ended up in a ditch or beneath a bus yet with the odd tyres and any difference is just as likely to be down to using different tyres as much as the width.

OP
OP
HLaB

HLaB

Marie Attoinette Fan
Ah well, there was an enforced change to front tyre last night, its now got a new 24mm too, although the 22mm was nearly perfect, just below the p'ture protection line, the side wall suffered a gash at some point yesterday. It was about 8 hours later though the tube burst loudly and I discovered it :blush:

Top Bottom