New word needed to differentiate cyclists

Discussion in 'General Cycling Discussions' started by Dogtrousers, 2 Apr 2019.

  1. MontyVeda

    MontyVeda a short-tempered ill-controlled small-minded troll

    I refuse to be defined by a mode of transport regardless of whether i'm riding my bike or not.
     
  2. Or auto drivers have tinted windows that do the same. Although I think all cars have tinted rear seat windows anymore.
     
    snorri likes this.
  3. lane

    lane Über Member

    I think you will find the sedentary folk clasify each other on various criteria mostly what vehicle they drive
     
    Gravity Aided likes this.
  4. Grant Fondo

    Grant Fondo 'Real Life, and Postcard Views, Europe Endless'

    Location:
    Cheshire
    Metro today ran the daft article (belatedly) about cyclists being percieved a 'non-human'.
    WTF!
     
  5. swee'pea99

    swee'pea99 Legendary Member

    That really was a bizarre survey.

    upload_2019-4-5_10-6-13.png

    'Less than 90% human'? What's the other 10%+? Bison? Carrot? Lawnmower?
     
    Bazzer, Gravity Aided and rugby bloke like this.
  6. rugby bloke

    rugby bloke Über Member

    Location:
    Northamptonshire
    Cycling god in my case !!! :dance:
     
  7. david k

    david k Hi

    Location:
    North West
    Leisure cyclist I suspect is the majority

    Person on a bike I like
     
  8. YukonBoy

    YukonBoy Extra solar

    Location:
    Ultima Thule
    Awesomeness
     
    rugby bloke likes this.
  9. pjd57

    pjd57 Über Member

    Location:
    Glasgow
    I think there are two main groups.

    Cyclists , wearing what they want making their way from A to B, C, D etc in a fairly sensible manner.

    Then there's **##@ with bikes.
    Going along the pavement with their carrier bags swinging from the handlebars. No lights, no road sense.
     
    SkipdiverJohn likes this.
  10. OP
    OP
    Dogtrousers

    Dogtrousers Kilometre nibbler

    Those with black, grey/silver or white bike frames and those with coloured frames.
     
    rugby bloke likes this.
  11. rugby bloke

    rugby bloke Über Member

    Location:
    Northamptonshire
    What about those with black frames with coloured trims ? Can we have out own subgroup ? ^_^
     
    david k, DCBassman and Dogtrousers like this.
  12. OP
    OP
    Dogtrousers

    Dogtrousers Kilometre nibbler

    Splitter!
     
    rugby bloke likes this.
  13. 50%+, according the atomic theory.
    One of the subplots in The Third Policeman, by Flan O'Brien, is that the bicycle rider assumes more atoms of the bicycle, and vice versa, the more riding is accomplished. A symptom of this is leaning against a wall, or standing with one foot on the curbstone.
     
    theclaud and Dogtrousers like this.
  14. bladderhead

    bladderhead Active Member

    This is why I like lying down all the time. An effect of all the mileage I have done on recumbents.
     
    Gravity Aided and Dogtrousers like this.
  15. david k

    david k Hi

    Location:
    North West
    Pootlers?
     
    Gravity Aided likes this.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice