England : Greater Manchester New Years Day 2020 Manchester ride. 35miles 10am start

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

united4ever

Über Member
Of course you are welcome to join the ride there, but I suggest it might be easier in terms of timing our meeting if you rode out to Dunham and join there. This will also allow you to ride some of the more pleasant parts instead of just the mostly urban final 10 miles as we return to the centre of Manchester. Meeting at Dunham will also allow you to partake in the coffee and cake.... :whistle:

Thanks I am a provisional yes....coffee and cake at Dunham also sounds a good meeting point...thanks again

Freds Dad

Veteran
Sorry I forgot all about this and I'm on call on NYD so will have to withdraw.

Have a good ride everyone.

Julia9054

Guru
@Almartino and I may be up for this. Unless we unexpectedly get asked to some fabulous New Year’s Eve Party and would therefore be too hungover. Our usual New Year’s Eve consists of watching telly in our pjs, looking at the clock to see if we are allowed to go to bed yet!
Let you know for definite a bit nearer the time if that’s ok.

Domus

Guru
Trying to sort out whether we will be at home or up in Grange for New Year. If at home a ride to Dunham would be perfect. Number 2 daughter works for the NT and lived in Dunham Massey for 10 years or so. As she had to stay in we had some great Christmases in the big house. Happy memories.

Last edited:
OP
OP
I like Skol

I like Skol

A Minging Manc...
Just been to Dunham Massey for the Christmas light show. They know how to do it!
IMG_20191219_200441012.jpg

IMG_20191219_200327460.jpg

IMG_20191219_195846825.jpg

IMG_20191219_195000584.jpg

si_c

Guru
I'm in the process of negotiating NYE with Mrs C, so depending on the outcome, I may be able to join, but I might ride back home directly from Dunham, weather depending.

bigjim

Legendary Member
I'm up for this weather permitting.

OP
OP
I like Skol

I like Skol

A Minging Manc...
Hoping to get up early'ish tomorrow and ride the course to make sure there are no nasty surprises lurking along the route and to check my timings are approximately right.

Will have to be early because I have a table booked at 1pm for a meal with BIL and daren't be late.....

OP
OP
I like Skol

I like Skol

A Minging Manc...
@I like Skol UNexpected surgery means he can't ride for a while so he will have to withdraw. Mrs B.
Crikey Mrs @Bazzer that is unexpected news. I hope the patient is doing well and it is nothing too serious.
Fingers crossed it won't be long until he is back on two wheels, there will be other rides once he has recovered.
In the meantime, make sure he has access to the forum so we can encourage him through his recovery.

Regards, Skolly

Last edited:
Top Bottom