England : Greater Manchester New Years Day 2020 Manchester ride. 35miles 10am start

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
I like Skol

I like Skol

A Minging Manc...
Hi everybody.

Nearly time for this ride. I did my test run on Sunday and all is well. I just need to make a tiny tweak at the start as we leave central Manchester because at the moment I have us performing an illegal U turn which might be fine with a single rider but could be risky for a group of us!

Current potential riders list;

@I like Skol + 1 or +2
@skudupnorth
@nickyboy (Depending on :cheers: xx()
@alibaba
@Kestevan (& partner?)
@united4ever (from Dunham Massey?)
@Julia9054 & @Almartino
@Domus
@si_c
@bigjim

Weather forecast is a chilly 5 or 6 degrees and grey, but should remain dry with very little wind.

Hope to see you all there fresh, full of enthusiasm and ready for a 10am departure :hello:

Julia9054

Guru
What time do you estimate getting back into Manchester?
Planning on arriving by train and will need to pick one to book bikes on

OP
OP
I like Skol

I like Skol

A Minging Manc...
Trains on NYD, you're madder than I thought! Surely they will be even less reliable than the other 364 days of the year. They don't allow bikes on a bus replacement service you know? :surrender:

Rough timings for the day as follows.
Depart Manchester Albert Square 10.00
Arrive Dunham Massey 11.30-12.00
Depart Dunham Massey 13.00
Return to Albert Square 14.00-14.30

Julia9054

Guru
Trains on NYD, you're madder than I thought! Surely they will be even less reliable than the other 364 days of the year. They don't allow bikes on a bus replacement service you know? :surrender:

Rough timings for the day as follows.
Depart Manchester Albert Square 10.00
Arrive Dunham Massey 11.30-12.00
Depart Dunham Massey 13.00
Return to Albert Square 14.00-14.30
It was just a thought. Our usual method of getting to Manchester is to drive to Dewsbury and get the train from there but - you are right - they have been bloody unreliable the last few trips.
Will probably drive instead

Kestevan

Last of the Summer Winos
Sorry skolly I'm going to have to pull out I'm afraid.

My dad's in hospital, and I'm still suffering from a damaged foot, I can't risk anything that might make driving any more painful and this includes cycling at the moment.

Sorry bud. Hope you all have an excellent ride as per the other years.

Happy new year to everyone anyway ^_^

Julia9054

Guru
Who am I going to ridicule and poke fun at now? Is there anyone else on the list from Yorkshire.....
Family and health comes first. Take care mate and I'll see you later in the year :hugs:
@Almartino is from Yorkshire. Feel free to take the p!ss out of him!
Velodrome parking is a great shout - thanks!

roubaixtuesday

self serving virtue signaller
On velodrome parking, City are at home tomorrow (5.30ko), I think they may put restrictions in place on match days?

skudupnorth

Cycling Skoda lover
Fitted new tyres to the Heinz 57 tank commuter which I will be using tomorrow 😁 Bloody Scwalbes are a pig when new but the others were absolutely shot and I wasn’t risking them anymore.
I don’t want you all getting jealous of this masterpiece of bike bits do I’ve only cleaned it a bit 😆😆😆
Just got to feed my critters in Bolton first thing so technically it will be my first commute and CC ride for 2020
Have a good new year everyone and see you tomorrow morning

Top Bottom