England : Greater Manchester New Years day ride around Mancunia

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Andrew Br

Still part of the team !
That's a big effin barrier.:eek:

No, there are concrete blocks to zig-zag around.
I think they've been put there to stop motorists using the bike/pedestrian tunnels to get to the front of the queues :rolleyes:.

Peter88

Veteran
Won't be joining you as have a family party to go to (boss says so) But will look out for you going past my front door just before you turn left to go up Cutler Hill and down into Daisy Nook ( I know of 3 strava segments on route there)

OP
OP
I like Skol

I like Skol

A Minging Manc...
I'm not getting too excited yet......
upload_2013-12-26_22-42-27.png

Giving this ride some serious consideration but need to finalize child care as wife working.

Is the road at Stone Clough open again? Been shut for quite a while so I havent bothered going over to see if its open again!
The A667 Ringley Road is open at the bridge but has always been a passable route for cyclists as there is a pedestrian bridge just a little downstream.

OP
OP
I like Skol

I like Skol

A Minging Manc...
I am in on this looks a good ride to shake the previous night off
All welcome. It should be a fun little group ride and passes some interesting bits like the airport, the Trafford Centre and the Bridgewater canal. The start/finish will also be a first for many people as a lot won't have ridden in the city centre?

Is the road at Stone Clough open again? Been shut for quite a while so I havent bothered going over to see if its open again!
I covered the whole route in a recce ride a week or two ago and there were no problems getting through any of the planned ride.

Current weather prediction....

upload_2013-12-28_21-33-12.png

stevede

Really tempted by this. My main concern is that I have no mudguards on my road bike and not too sure if the distance is a bit much for me on the MTB.

There are a couple of "chicken out" points for me if I was struggling though.

Let me have a further think and I'll confirm either way. Would partial attendance be acceptable?

Cheers

Steve

OP
OP
I like Skol

I like Skol

A Minging Manc...
.....My main concern is that I have no mudguards on my road bike and not too sure if the distance is a bit much for me on the MTB.

Let me have a further think and I'll confirm either way. Would partial attendance be acceptable?
It won't be raining! :laugh:........

I'm thinking of using my summer road bike without guards if the weather is only damp so it's your call.

Partial attendance is allowed but not acceptable, as long as you don't mind a bit of lightweight legpulling just do it anyway :thumbsup:

potsy

Rambler
Really tempted by this. My main concern is that I have no mudguards on my road bike and not too sure if the distance is a bit much for me on the MTB.

Cheers

Steve
Where are you riding in from Steve?
I'm planning on doing the ride as far as the cafe stop and then either peeling off from there or doing the Airport bit and peel off towards Timperley, skolly can take the p*** as much as he likes :tongue:

Matthew, shame you can't make it :hugs:

Top Bottom