England : Greater Manchester New Years day ride around Mancunia

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
I like Skol

I like Skol

A Minging Manc...
No, just no.
It's a landmark, if nothing else.
Can I bring buddies?
Of course. I am going to ring the cafe tomorrow and warn him he could have a reasonable sized group on his doorstep at dinnertime.

By the way, I'm at the front of the cafe queue because.... I just am!!

OP
OP
I like Skol

I like Skol

A Minging Manc...
OK, before I ring the cafe and make a pr1ck of myself by saying we will have a dozen riders when only two turn up on the day let's have a quick headcount. The weather looks as though it will be semi-decent for most of the day so who's in?

OK, before I ring the cafe and make a pr1ck of myself by saying we will have a dozen riders when only two turn up on the day let's have a quick headcount. The weather looks as though it will be semi-decent for most of the day so who's in?
Me. Child care sorted but I will meet you at the Three Arrows as you pass Heaton Park and cross the M60 for first time if that's OK? I can get there for 09:20hrs.

stevede

Where are you riding in from Steve?
I'm planning on doing the ride as far as the cafe stop and then either peeling off from there or doing the Airport bit and peel off towards Timperley, skolly can take the p*** as much as he likes :tongue:

Matthew, shame you can't make it :hugs:

Hi Potsy

I live in Littlemoss, about 4 mins from the top of the Daisy Nook Hill (bit too early for a chicken out point that one though)! ^_^
If I do it, I will arrive with the intention of doing the full distance, just if I start to struggle it would be easier to bow out with enough energy left to get home.

stevede

Yep, put me down. I want to do more cycling in 2014, so if I can't get with it on day one, not much hope for the rest of the year.

I think I'll stick with the MTB. See if I can get 65psi in the Schwalbe Landcruisers

potsy

Rambler
My +1 is not coming but might meet us at the cafe and do a few miles from there :thumbsup:

My other +1 got knocked off again today (twice now in a few months) so doubt he'll be out either :rolleyes:

YahudaMoon

Über Member
Hi

Well Ive looked at the weather forecast and its looking good :smile:

Note to self 'dont look at the forecast again' , so I'll definitely be on it :smile:

9.30 AM Shambles Sq right?

Ive invited my friend along from Belle Vue running club, hope thats OK?

He's a real nice guy called 'Ali'

Thanks

John

gam001

Über Member
Need to pick my bro-in-law up from hospital on Tues [Edit - Weds NYD - losing track of what day it is being off work!] morning (quite literally!), so can't attend this unfortunately.

Hoping the sun comes out and you have a good ride :thumbsup:

Last edited:
Top Bottom