Next CC Ecosse Ride?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Fubar

Guru
Hi Col

That looks like a pretty long route, do you know what the mileage is? Assuming I can sit down again after the Etape I should be ok for a ride out on 19th, however I may only do part of that route, don't want to kill myself twice in one week :cycle:! As I mentioned an alternative I'd looked at was Redstone Rigg which I think was a previous CC Ecosse ride.

I'll keep my eye on the thread. Regards, Mark

OP
OP
Col5632

Col5632

Guru
Hi Col

That looks like a pretty long route, do you know what the mileage is? Assuming I can sit down again after the Etape I should be ok for a ride out on 19th, however I may only do part of that route, don't want to kill myself twice in one week :cycle:! As I mentioned an alternative I'd looked at was Redstone Rigg which I think was a previous CC Ecosse ride.

I'll keep my eye on the thread. Regards, Mark

I think its around 72 miles, Redstone Rigg sounds good also, like i said im open to route and distance suggestions ^_^

ACS

Legendary Member
How about Kinross, round the loch (Vain Farm side), over Falkland, cake at the Pillars of Hercules (PoH), fast run down to Newburgh, up to Glenfarg (fast boys and masochists can assault the Wicks O'Bagie) and back to Kinross. Not sure as to the milage, nice mixture of hills and fast bits. Those wanting a shorter route can go from the PoH down to Strathmiglo round the side of Falkland and over to Kinross via the top side of the loch.
Only down side is Kinross does not have great transport connections.

Fubar

Guru
How about Kinross, round the loch (Vain Farm side), over Falkland, cake at the Pillars of Hercules (PoH), fast run down to Newburgh, up to Glenfarg (fast boys and masochists can assault the Wicks O'Bagie) and back to Kinross. Not sure as to the milage, nice mixture of hills and fast bits. Those wanting a shorter route can go from the PoH down to Strathmiglo round the side of Falkland and over to Kinross via the top side of the loch.
Only down side is Kinross does not have great transport connections.

Sounds almost what we did last time out though I would prefer this as an alternative - not too keen on the more "urbanised" areas of Fife if you catch my drift! We can see if anyone comes up with any other alternatives, I too am open to influence...

Rasmus

Without a clever title
Well I know I very nearly almost promised to organize a ride, but I'm afraid real life has been fairly busy recently, so I have had other things on my mind. Well done on taking some initiative!

19th of May is open in my calendar, so I should be able to join you. Fife is a little inconvenient for me by public transport though. Something out of Alloa or Dunblane would be easier. Redstone Rigg could be fun, too.

OP
OP
Col5632

Col5632

Guru
Well I know I very nearly almost promised to organize a ride, but I'm afraid real life has been fairly busy recently, so I have had other things on my mind. Well done on taking some initiative!

19th of May is open in my calendar, so I should be able to join you. Fife is a little inconvenient for me by public transport though. Something out of Alloa or Dunblane would be easier. Redstone Rigg could be fun, too.

How about a alloa/stirling type loop then? :bicycle:

Telemark

Cycling is fun ...
I'd love to but I have some slight logistic problems just now and won't make it, have a good one folks.

... linked to your new location? I just spotted it this morning - hope you've got your bike with you, to hang on to your leading CC/CC Ecosse position on MCL :thumbsup:

T (sorry for going slightly off topic)

... linked to your new location? I just spotted it this morning - hope you've got your bike with you, to hang on to your leading CC/CC Ecosse position on MCL :thumbsup:

T (sorry for going slightly off topic)
I've only got a £99er folding BSO and 1.6mile (eachway) commutes took it out though for 50 yesterday and 63 today but I dare say I won't be doing that every week.

Fubar

Guru
Hi Col, just to confirm I won't be out this Saturday - legs and bum are fine now (were never that bad), but I have to work tomorrow as we have a gap in the rota. Also not cleaned the bike since getting back on Monday and sticking it in the garage, needs to be shiny for a CC Ecosse Ride! I'll see you on the next one, need to get back on the bike again soon.

Top Bottom