Next CC Ecosse Ride?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
Col5632

Col5632

Guru
No problem Mark, weather depending ill be heading out over to saline and dollar and then maybe make my way to kinross from there then home again, about 40 miles i think :bicycle:

Fubar

Guru
No problem Mark, weather depending ill be heading out over to saline and dollar and then maybe make my way to kinross from there then home again, about 40 miles i think :bicycle:

enjoy!

Rasmus

Without a clever title
Does CC Ecosse ever venture further west?

It will if someone organizes it...

I sort of promised to look into it, but a high density of other commitments have been around in recent times (including tomorrow, where I will not have time for anything but a quick local outing).

So, feel free to start a thread and get the ball rolling!

redcard

Veteran
I don't feel like I know enough local geography to organise a route - my trips are either a commute to Glasgow city centre, or 20 miles on the NCN.

Would be nice if any west-coasters could organise a route to Largs or similar ;)

Hawk

Veteran
One of the best routes around Glasgow is up Eaglesham way (just back from the morning run of it), is past the windfarm (where there's a visitor centre that sells quite nice looking cake :hungry: ). It's a single track road (one traffic lane which is bidirectional) with a cycle lane either side. Quite hilly. This takes you out on to the Fenwick Moor which is two lanes of traffic each way, then a kerb and a perfectly smooth cycle path. The roads out are fairly busy which can be un-nerving but then again really good way to build up vehicular cycling confidence. Something like this http://gb.mapometer.com/cycling/route_1599118.html

Fubar

Guru
I'm up for an invasion of the west :hello:

It would obv need to be organised by somebody who knew the area ;)

Me too, rota and on-call dependant - how did you go on Saturday?

OP
OP
Col5632

Col5632

Guru
Me too, rota and on-call dependant - how did you go on Saturday?

Im busy for the next 2/3 saturdays so i cant make one if the date is made then :blush:

I never went out in the end, washed the car in the morning, had some lunch and by that time i didnt have time to go out :sad:

Fubar

Guru
Im busy for the next 2/3 saturdays so i cant make one if the date is made then :blush:

I never went out in the end, washed the car in the morning, had some lunch and by that time i didnt have time to go out :sad:

I'm pretty tied up with on-call and other stuff the next few weekends also, can't even cycle to work this Thursday as I have a meeting! Need to get back on the bike soon, otherwise I'll lose the mileage I've built up over the past few months.

OP
OP
Col5632

Col5632

Guru
I'm pretty tied up with on-call and other stuff the next few weekends also, can't even cycle to work this Thursday as I have a meeting! Need to get back on the bike soon, otherwise I'll lose the mileage I've built up over the past few months.

Yeah i've not done many long cycles in a bit so need to get back on it :bicycle:

You going to do the st andrews sportive?

Fubar

Guru
Yeah i've not done many long cycles in a bit so need to get back on it :bicycle:

You going to do the st andrews sportive?

Dunno yet, was looking at it but it is around my birthday so depends what else I have on - not that my birthday makes TOO much diffence these days!

Rasmus

Without a clever title
A trip to Largs can be done in a loop out of Bishopton (~100 km). If starting in Glasgow a one-way trip is perhaps more appropriate. The Eaglesham route posted by Hawk looks interesting too, I've never ventured that way myself. Other options off the top of my head is Crow Rd (Campsies) or some route in the Glen Fruin / Rosneath area.

Should we be looking at either 16/17 or 23/24 June then? That would give ample time to decide a route and drum up some interest.

Top Bottom