Next CC Ecosse Ride?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
Col5632

Col5632

Guru
That's OK, I didn't take it as a "personal pop" :tongue:, but could only reply for myself rather than anybody else ...
After all, this isn't an Easties vs. Westies :gun: thing :surrender::biggrin: , we all ARE CC Ecosse :cheers:
So let's go out for a ride some time soon, maybe meet in the middle? :scratch:

T

Maybe organise a ride a week or two before or after the west coast route ;) Im guessing somewhere like falkirk/stirling would suit most?

Hawk

Veteran
Falkirk's great to get to by train. Stirling's not too bad either, and both are a reasonable drive

toroddf

For routes in the west area, have a look at my website (years 2005 to 2012). I think it is pretty extensive for routes in that area.

On the top of my head and if you want good scenery with hardly any traffic, see my Bute and Cowal route. A variation over Otter Ferry from Glendruel would be a good ride for you mountain goats.

But if you are really up for the full west coast monty, the Five Ferries Challenge is the best possible route (it is also a Sportive) That means.... Arrival at Ardrossan Harbour by train for the first ferry possible. Ride up to Lochranza. Ferry to Claonaig, ride up to Tarbert, ferry to Portadavie, ride up around Loch Riddon over Tighnabruaich to Colintraive, ferry to Bute, ride down to Rothesay, ferry to Wemyss Bay, train home again.
By using the Hopscotch tickets, the ferry fares are cheap.

Enjoy.

redcard

Veteran
I've just completed my longest solo ride to date! Did around 30 miles round trip from Paisley to just past Port Glasgow. Cycle path almost all the way, and was almost flat for the first 10 miles, followed by some rolling hills after Kilmalcolm where you can build up some speed. Same hills mildly challenging on the way home, obviously, though nothing that would kill the average CC cyclist! Saying that, I stopped twice on the way back :whistle:

FYI, Paisley is a 10 minute train journey, or a 25 minute ride, from Glasgow Central.

The route can be extended further into Greenock and around the coast. If no one organises a 'proper' route in the west, then this is something that's easy to organise, on quiet paths, achievable by (almost) all, and an be extended or shortened depending on weather, and fitness of the group.

Check out maps here http://app.strava.com/athletes/317427. I split today's ride into 4 shorter segments.

Telemark

Cycling is fun ...
... looks like another CC Ecosse ride is developing here :wahhey: , in addition to the Western One on the other thread :thumbsup:
I'm a bit busy during the next few weekends, but will start up a new thread in a couple of weeks if nobody else does if before me.
:bicycle:

T

OP
OP
Col5632

Col5632

Guru
... looks like another CC Ecosse ride is developing here :wahhey: , in addition to the Western One on the other thread :thumbsup:
I'm a bit busy during the next few weekends, but will start up a new thread in a couple of weeks if nobody else does if before me.
:bicycle:

T

That suits me :smile: :wahhey:

OP
OP
Col5632

Col5632

Guru
I've just completed my longest solo ride to date! Did around 30 miles round trip from Paisley to just past Port Glasgow. Cycle path almost all the way, and was almost flat for the first 10 miles, followed by some rolling hills after Kilmalcolm where you can build up some speed. Same hills mildly challenging on the way home, obviously, though nothing that would kill the average CC cyclist! Saying that, I stopped twice on the way back :whistle:

FYI, Paisley is a 10 minute train journey, or a 25 minute ride, from Glasgow Central.

The route can be extended further into Greenock and around the coast. If no one organises a 'proper' route in the west, then this is something that's easy to organise, on quiet paths, achievable by (almost) all, and an be extended or shortened depending on weather, and fitness of the group.

Check out maps here http://app.strava.com/athletes/317427. I split today's ride into 4 shorter segments.

Never actually seen this post first time round, sounds like something that can be an option :thumbsup:

Might try and keep this thread for an east/west route and leave the other thread for a west route :wacko:

OP
OP
Col5632

Col5632

Guru
Anybody got any more thoughts on a Stirling/Alloa ride? Not quite an official run but I think me and Fubar are heading out in the 9th June round dline if anybody fancies a short ride out?

TechMech

I would join you on a ride near Stirling, as long as no one falls off this time!!

And on that note where are all the original CC Ecossers? Eldudino, Scook94, Sleekitcollie, JaneSmart, and not forgetting Scoosh? There are a few others as well, but I forget their login names, but Glasgow Jim and the chap from Dollar?

I see the Edindave, Telemark, and Hlab are still about, but where's the rest hiding? (probably in the same place as me, but I never saw them :smile:)

glasgowjim

Über Member
I would join you on a ride near Stirling, as long as no one falls off this time!!

And on that note where are all the original CC Ecossers? Eldudino, Scook94, Sleekitcollie, JaneSmart, and not forgetting Scoosh? There are a few others as well, but I forget their login names, but Glasgow Jim and the chap from Dollar?

I see the Edindave, Telemark, and Hlab are still about, but where's the rest hiding? (probably in the same place as me, but I never saw them :smile:)

Hi Techmech :hello: long time no see, an update on where some are i think,

Eludino, Joined a club and is now a super fast racing snake.

Scook94, Doing some Audax events and making it look easy.

Jane Smart, Last i'd heard she was also a racing snake and had joined a club.

Scoosh, Still riding though not as much as he used to.

Seamab, Met him on an RV ride at Loch Leven earlier this year along with Scoosh.

ACS, (Satans Budgie) Still riding as far as i know too, Last i heard he'd done the PFT Audax event.

Me, Still riding although mainly Audax events now and not much else.

Perhaps we should arrange a renunion :thumbsup:

You'll find most of them on Facebook these days; in a weeks time I don't know if I'll be able to call my self CC Ecosse any more!

Jane Smart

The Queen
Hi everyone, :thumbsup: I am still here, not been cycling quite so much lately ( albeit I took my bike for a short spin yesterday)

A reunion would be great, sorry I dont join in the West Coast rides, I don't like to drive through there and trains terrify me, so I tend to stick to places I know how to get to and I don't even do Edinburgh :surrender:

I have to admit, I do spend most of my free time on facebook these days :blush:

Lets get something organised soon :wahhey:

Top Bottom