Next year................

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
dellzeqq

dellzeqq

pre-talced and mighty
I have a plan. It remains the same. Design the images (I've been looking at a lot of women's magazines recently. And Rembrandt). Make the images (that's the money bit - the subs are going to go up, possibly to a fiver a year). Design the product (aka ride) to fit the images.

I went to a CTC rebranding workshop yesterday, and, although my task is tiny compared with theirs it did strike me that basically we're the same people we were in 2006. Except we're seven years older. I didn't ever dream that it would last this long, but, having lasted this long it needs to move on or the night ride will simply become the property of £140 a go outfits like the Moonriders.

I'm not going to trouble you with the detail but life's a bit on hold at the moment, and I doubt I'll make much progress in the next six months or so. And, as an aside, I won't be touring next summer.

Dogtrousers

Kilometre nibbler
This stuff about images and branding and product is far too gnomic for me.
you're never, ever going to work it out.

ianrauk

Tattooed Beat Messiah
I have a plan. It remains the same. Design the images (I've been looking at a lot of women's magazines recently. And Rembrandt). Make the images (that's the money bit - the subs are going to go up, possibly to a fiver a year). Design the product (aka ride) to fit the images.

I went to a CTC rebranding workshop yesterday, and, although my task is tiny compared with theirs it did strike me that basically we're the same people we were in 2006. Except we're seven years older. I didn't ever dream that it would last this long, but, having lasted this long it needs to move on or the night ride will simply become the property of £140 a go outfits like the Moonriders.

I'm not going to trouble you with the detail but life's a bit on hold at the moment, and I doubt I'll make much progress in the next six months or so. And, as an aside, I won't be touring next summer.

Still a bargain for 1 ride, a couple or all.

OP
OP
dellzeqq

dellzeqq

pre-talced and mighty
This stuff about images and branding and product is far too gnomic for me.
ok. Look at the link to the movie at the beginning of the thread. Now imagine a tattooed (sp?) arm drawing a white line across the tarmac. That doesn't take a lot of imagining because a similar image with a similar arm already exists. It's night. The tarmac has a sheen on it (thankyou Michael Mann). The moving arm draws the line.

And now imagine the faces of two, perhaps three people who look as if they might ride bikes. It's night. Their faces are uplit. They're clearly different types of people, but they're clearly friends.

So..............we have a beginning in which different people like each other.

How am I doing?

StuAff

Silencing his legs regularly
having lasted this long it needs to move on or the night ride will simply become the property of £140 a go outfits like the Moonriders.
It's Don Logan time again.....

I'm pretty sure I'm speaking for all the night-riding denizens of CC, YACF, LFGSS, anyone who's ever ridden an organised run and thought 'that was fun, I'll do one
of my own' (even with just their mates ad hoc). The Moonriders and BHF might think they own the night. They're just renting it.

thom

____
ok. Look at the link to the movie at the beginning of the thread. Now imagine a tattooed (sp?) arm drawing a white line across the tarmac. That doesn't take a lot of imagining because a similar image with a similar arm already exists. It's night. The tarmac has a sheen on it (thankyou Michael Mann). The moving arm draws the line.

And now imagine the faces of two, perhaps three people who look as if they might ride bikes. It's night. Their faces are uplit. They're clearly different types of people, but they're clearly friends.

So..............we have a beginning in which different people like each other.

How am I doing?

And then a clown comes along singing the Frog Chorus and custard pies them ?

Dogtrousers

Kilometre nibbler
Hmmm ... I'll leave the strategic thinking to those who are properly equipped for the task. I'm still pleasantly surprised that the FNRttC exists, and has afforded me so much enjoyment over the past couple of years.

mmmmartin

Random geezer
How am I doing?
Sounds to me a bit like the quote in my signature.
Does all this actually have anything at all to do with riding a bike? As in from, for instance, Hyde Park Corner to, perhaps, somewhere on the coast? With like-minded people?
And, although I am very much in favour of change, I also believe that if it ain't broke, don't fix it. Just sayin' like........

OP
OP
dellzeqq

dellzeqq

pre-talced and mighty
it's about what your hopes and desires - the ones that might be addressed by a ride on a bike. I'm simply approaching the problem from the other end

Top Bottom