Next year................

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
dellzeqq

dellzeqq

pre-talced and mighty
Me giving you a piggy back would be faster.
get a room!

Oh................you did that already......................

Steve Jones

but that's part of the schtick. It feeds in to the grumpy-old-git-erectile-dysfunction Rapha (mens) market (the women's market is altogether younger - go figure). You can bet your bottom dollar that the instant the camera was turned off the cool boys in the movie whipped off their mudguards and facial hair.

Uhmm - whilst some might think that I fit their male market segment, I have to say that I seem to be overwhelmingly kitted out by stuff from sportsdirect.com, whose multi-media marketing appears to be confined to using royalty-free non-PRS in-store music tracks performed by failed karaoke caterwaulers. When I commented on this to one of their exploited shop staff, he said what I was hearing was among the better. So, it appears, that to be part of the Rapha target market, have to have both taste and show no miserly attributes, so I suspect I fail. Pretty as the video was, my wallet remains unmoved, even if my parsimonious ways leads me to extended periods of discomfort...

thom

____
Regent's Park - not laps.
Start at either York bridge lights, the SE corner of the outer Circle or somewhere in between.
Anticlockwise.
Hang a left onto Chester Road, left and do a clockwise loop of the inner circle.
Back on Chester Road, left onto Outer Circle again, wang it up the rise and before the lights and the junction out to Camden Town either
1) stop
2) do a U-turn and crank it up to 11 on the way back towards & past Chester Road, where you stop & keel over !.
I reckon that's about 3 miles. No traffic lights, quiet roads at night - care needed if doing a U-turn regarding traffic, otherwise, how could the CTC fail to provide insurance for that !?

OP
OP
dellzeqq

dellzeqq

pre-talced and mighty
Regent's Park - not laps.
Start at either York bridge lights, the SE corner of the outer Circle or somewhere in between.
Anticlockwise.
Hang a left onto Chester Road, left and do a clockwise loop of the inner circle.
Back on Chester Road, left onto Outer Circle again, wang it up the rise and before the lights and the junction out to Camden Town either
1) stop
2) do a U-turn and crank it up to 11 on the way back towards & past Chester Road, where you stop & keel over !.
I reckon that's about 3 miles. No traffic lights, quiet roads at night - care needed if doing a U-turn regarding traffic, otherwise, how could the CTC fail to provide insurance for that !?
The Regents Park Outer Circle (one lap of) was number 2 on my list,. I'd thought of doing a counterclockwise lap. But, correct me if I'm wrong, I think the gates are closed at ten.

I'll be talking through the insurance thing with the estimable Rob F at CTC Towers next Wednesday.

thom

____
The Regents Park Outer Circle (one lap of) was number 2 on my list,. I'd thought of doing a counterclockwise lap. But, correct me if I'm wrong, I think the gates are closed at ten.

I'll be talking through the insurance thing with the estimable Rob F at CTC Towers next Wednesday.
http://www.royalparks.org.uk/parks/...-regents-park/opening-times-and-getting-there
They close midnight to 7am, except for residential access...
The irritating thing with laps of R park are the 5 sets of traffic lights, which is why i suggested that route with loop etc. partly as from a viewing point, you see both out & back.

What about using the stretch of tarmac in Hyde Park north of the Serpentine ? start at the SE end for example, wang it along to the car-park bit just before the bridge - do a u-turn and back to the starting point ?

StuartG

slower but further
Ahem - you forgot to add in Lubetkin's Penguin Pool as the half way refreshment stop ... there is going to be a half way stop?

OP
OP
dellzeqq

dellzeqq

pre-talced and mighty
So 5 pages in and its just a ride around Regents Park in the dark?! ;)
you're never, ever going to work it out.

OP
OP
dellzeqq

dellzeqq

pre-talced and mighty
2640825 said:
What sort of budget?

96591251richard-avedon31.jpg

Top Bottom