Next year................

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Fab Foodie

hanging-on in quiet desperation ...
.... so I'm going for something fresh, youngpeople and generally kickass. Midnight Ridazz watch out!
BSO, Baseball cap and no lights?

Fab Foodie

hanging-on in quiet desperation ...
BSOs good, baseball caps good, lights a must!

check this out....http://www.midnightridazz.com/viewStory.php?storyId=8826

Interesting ....

The other Abingdon cycle-club OTCC have been using parts of Abingdon airfield for 'race' training. When I last saw them a few weeks back they said they were going to have to stop soon due to the dangers of bunch racing in the dark. I subsequently thought that a 'drag-race' or sprint type race man-on-man would give some good training, competition on the runway without riders coming together. A simple knock-out competition would add to the fun (but hadn't thought about money).

Will we be racing for pink-slips?

hatler

Guru
If, (and I really hope this doesn't come to pass) the FNRttCs as we know them are to take a dive, pleeeeeease
can we get to the point where we hit 100 rides ?
can we have lots of notice of the last one ?
can I try bringing mini-hatler along ? He'd be devastated if he never made a single one.

OP
OP
dellzeqq

dellzeqq

pre-talced and mighty
If, (and I really hope this doesn't come to pass) the FNRttCs as we know them are to take a dive, pleeeeeease
can we get to the point where we hit 100 rides ?
can we have lots of notice of the last one ?
can I try bringing mini-hatler along ? He'd be devastated if he never made a single one.
the use of mini-hatler as emotional blackmail is......................wrong. I think that we're ok for 2014 - Susie has just gone through her collection of lighweight waterproofs, some of which she has never worn, and one of which (there's no need to guess which make) is going back whence it came with it's 115 pound price tag. If she doesn't get to wear them then I'm in trouble.

Oh - I think we're well over the 100 mark.

Last edited:

hatler

Guru
Understood. Apologies. Before we even attempt a night ride he'd have to prove himself on a daylight London to Brighton, and that's some way off yet.

What will be will be (tra la la).

And which was the 100th ?

And, (no pressure) I for one am already looking forward to the 2014 schedule.

Last edited:
OP
OP
dellzeqq

dellzeqq

pre-talced and mighty
2636753 said:
I'm sure it could get much worse than that.
no it couldn't. Mini-hatler is the absolute ace in the hole. The best reason for the FNRttC to be. Rob knows this, and wheeling him out is the act of a deeply, deeply manipulative individual. Chapeau!

Now - take a look at this. Some of you are going to act all sniffy about it, but I'm afraid I rather admire Rapha's short films. This one is particularly nonsensical, but it sells the gear.

http://www.rapha.cc/the-bryan-chapman-memorial

GrumpyGregry

Here for rides.
2636687 said:
It's a good job Greg and I are the same size then.
I have two boards. One is larger, the other less so. It's all relative. And I'm happy to share. But it's a bruising learning curve.

OP
OP
dellzeqq

dellzeqq

pre-talced and mighty
You are aware some of the riders in that video you so admire are using mudguards...
but that's part of the schtick. It feeds in to the grumpy-old-git-erectile-dysfunction Rapha (mens) market (the women's market is altogether younger - go figure). You can bet your bottom dollar that the instant the camera was turned off the cool boys in the movie whipped off their mudguards and facial hair.

Top Bottom