Nickyboy's 2020 LEJOG for Down's Syndrome Association

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
nickyboy

nickyboy

Norven Mankey
So exactly 6 months from now we should be pulling into Perth with 3 more days to go to JoG
Just got to keep the miles ticking over through the winter and try not to fall off again (2 weeks ago, luckily nothing broken)

Donations so far £1600 incl gift aid. Thanks to everyone who has contributed

OP
OP
nickyboy

nickyboy

Norven Mankey
So we met up in September 2019 and planned this charity LEJOG for May 2020

Covid came so May 2020 became September 2020. September 2020 became May 2021....hopefully this is the last postponement. We are on our way, leaving Lands End on June 29, arriving John O'Groats July 9. All the accommodation is rebooked (again)....fingers crossed. All I've got to do is get fit and lose about 4kg

OP
OP
nickyboy

nickyboy

Norven Mankey
Let me know when you pass through Bury / Rossendale and I will tag along for a while if you don't mind.
It'll be Sunday July 4....up via Bury, Accrington. I'll find some way to allow dot watching of our progress. Company would be welcome, fellow participants will be fed up with my chit chat after a few days

OP
OP
nickyboy

nickyboy

Norven Mankey
A quick update....

Everything is planned and booked for us to kick off from Penzance on June 29. A few more weeks of regular tootling on the bike and then look to up the mileage a bit in the weeks before LEJOG. Mrs N currently cutting down portion size to encourage me to lose a few lbs. All looking very hopeful for everything open in July

The great news is that we've raised £3,300 so far...and I haven't applied the thumbscrews yet to my business contacts

I like Skol

A Minging Manc...
IT'S NEARLY HERE!

Just over a week to go until we start our big adventure. If our transport plans for Monday 28th don't go awry we will hopefully have an easy evening potter from Penzance to Lands End and back, before the proper daily cycling begins on Tuesday 29th.

Here's a picture of the four of us on a full kit dress rehearsal two weeks ago.

Top Bottom